issue on the site

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Kartal
Novice Crafter

issue on the site

Post by Kartal » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi, I can't stay logged on the site when I change pages. So I can't edit/create/mark unavailable anything.
I'm using mozilla. Am I the only one ?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: issue on the site

Post by Savacc » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:50 am

Sorry, your post got hidden in with Spam and I just noticed it today. Now that you have 3 posts approved you should be getting direct posting privileges and any more posts you make will not be sitting with potentially hundreds of Spam waiting for me to see yours.

I used to have problems with browsers other than Chrome for SWG. I only use Chrome now. That is my only advice. Maybe someone with more current experience on other browsers can share their findings.

zzmi
Novice Crafter

Post by zzmi » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:22 pm

Same here. Can't add any resources and such because the login never sticks. Also on Firefox, but also tried with Edge. Will definitely not install any Google product just to work around some issues with the site coding.

Please consider fixing this, I would love to able to fill in missing resources.

solarisjedi
Developer

Post by solarisjedi » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:09 am

I use Firefox/Mozilla and I stay logged in. However due to cookies I always access the site vie the .org address rather than the others. e.g. swgcraft.org

You might give that a try if you are not already.
---
Mr-Miagi
Maintainer of SWGAide-NGE

zzmi
Novice Crafter

Post by zzmi » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:45 pm

That works. If there are some known cookie issues, maybe just redirect to the .org domain from the .co.uk one?
On another note, there's no reason not to provide HTTPS in 2019 with projects like Let's Encrypt around. Maybe something to look into.

But either way, thank you for the tip.

Edit by Savacc - I removed the link, then approved your post. You triggered our anti-spam filter. I don't think you are a spammer, but when the first post you make on our site contains a link to another commercial site, it raises suspicions. Post a few more times, so I feel like I know you a bit better and there won't be any more issues. :D