Page 1 of 1

wrong resource data on basislisk

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:56 pm
by Mrtn
I just saw several resource uploads by the user ngetal that wouldnt show up in my ingame resource deed. I marked the first one as unavailable (Polysteel Copper Trevaris).
Then I checked his other uploads (I checked like 5 of em) and they wouldnt show up neither in my survey droid mails nor in my resource deed.
I guess all his uploads are wrong server or some other mistake was made.
Please delete them and contact the guy - I dont have rights to send a private message it seems.

thanks guys

Re: wrong resource data on basislisk

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:18 am
by Savacc
I have sent Ngetal a PM and await his reply. I have deleted Trevaris from the Basilisk database. Without hearing from Ngetal, I am loath to delete any and all of his contributions for Basilisk. For me to verify Ngetal's entries for Basilisk would require me to log in to Basilisk and send out ISD droids and/or use a 30k resource deed. I could do that, because I have chars with ISD droids and a 30K deed on Basilisk, but I haven't played on Basilisk in months.

If you were to give me a list of resources you verify are incorrect, I would make the corrections because of your history as a contributor (as I did with Trevaris). Of course Ngetal could tell me he made an honest mistake and we could proceed, but until I hear that, I need more info from one or both of you to act.

By the way, we would prefer that you tell us, as you did, that a resource is incorrect, rather than marking it "unavailable". An incorrect "unavailable" entry could cause problems down the road if that name is used for a new resource.

Re: wrong resource data on basislisk

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:20 pm
by Mrtn
Ok, I :shock: checked all the resources in my resource deed on basilisk and none of em showed up, you can delete them.

Moubaism, Vendusii Crystal Amorphous Gemstone (ngetal)
Tiviofiium, Quadrenium Extrusive Ore (ngetal)
Aofo, Berubium Intrusive Ore (ngetal)
Baleic, Katrium Intrusive Ore (ngetal)
Obecosis, High Grade Polymetric Radioactive (ngetal)
Rekaian, Fermionic Siliclastic Ore (ngetal)
Filieium, Unknown Ferrous Metal (ngetal)
Efeism, Unknown Ferrous Metal (ngetal)
Dihafeaate, Titanium Aluminum (ngetal)
Todai, Gallinorian Rainbow Gem Crystalline Gemstone (ngetal)
Ruxai, Kerol Fire-Gem Crystalline Gemstone (ngetal)
Ukiko, Crystallized Bicorbantium Steel (ngetal)
Ciohuhiite, Hardened Arveshium Steel (ngetal)
Pokise, Axidite Iron (ngetal)
Nemiba, Bronzium Iron (ngetal)
Cebiite, Colat Iron (ngetal)
Peciveoiam, Colat Iron (ngetal)
Paivoce, Colat Iron (ngetal)
Laneite, Plumbum Iron (ngetal)

Re: wrong resource data on basislisk

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:03 am
by Savacc
I have removed all of the requested resources from the Basilisk database.

I would like to thank you for your diligence in finding and verifying these errors. SWGCraft has always depended on its users for the accuracy and completeness of our databases. We would be nothing without your participation. Thank you again.

I will continue to research this issue. If there is any way we can be of service please let us know, as you did this time.

Re: wrong resource data on basislisk

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:27 pm
by Mrtn
Thank you for running the site <3

Re: wrong resource data on basislisk

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:31 am
by ngetal
hi folks

sorry for the confusion with the resources - yes, a set of survey droid reports did get uploaded to Basilisk in error. I spotted the mistake when I was reviewing the upload result report and I immediately set about to deleting all that I had just added ('remove' rather than simply 'mark unavailable'). at the time, it appeared that all of the erroneous resources had been cleared, as none were appearing in the 'recent changes' list. when I finished removing them from Basilisk, I then uploaded the reports to the server they were intended for. since it appeared to me that the problem had been corrected, I didn't put in a report as I thought nothing further needed to be done. apologies again if I should have let you know anyway, just so you could make sure. this happened some time last week, though I couldn't say now which day it was and unfortunately due to '/emptymail' not working properly, it's going to be next to impossible to track back to the list in my saved messages as the timestamp on them appears to update every time you save them - based on the resource report on my server, it appears this was roughly 8 days ago?

if there's anything further I can do to help (beyond checking the server box to make sure it's the server I actually way before I click 'Update'), please let me know

Re: wrong resource data on basislisk

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:34 am
by Savacc
I strongly suspected this was the case, as you are a prolific resource reporter on SWG Reckoning, which I and the rest of the staff can only say we are grateful for.

From my view this closes this issue. I was certain this was an honest mistake and am glad to hear my faith in you and other contributors to SWGCraft was justified. As far as I know, all errors have been corrected and no lasting harm was done.

Any time we can be of assistance in helping keep the databases updated please let us know through these forums.

Thank you Ngetal for replying and keep up the good work.