schem.xml file

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the schematics.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Faho
Novice Crafter

schem.xml file

Post by Faho » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:32 pm

Is there a new link for the schem.xml file or is it no longer updated?
The one i get from http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/sendfile. ... =schem.xml is last updated on 2010-02-26.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: schem.xml file

Post by Zimoon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:39 am

May we kindly ask why you ask :)

Faho
Novice Crafter

Post by Faho » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:02 pm

I use the schematics in my own program.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:09 pm

I guess Sobuno or Slyvampy will have to respond ... I was just curious :D

Have you tested SWGAide maybe? If you are into Java coding you are more than welcome to join that open-source project, just ask :)

Faho
Novice Crafter

Post by Faho » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:48 pm

I have found that there is a gzip version under http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/sendfile. ... ics.xml.gz which is updated so everything is ok. The old schem.xml is no longer needed.

I have tested SWGAide 2-3 times but i don't like the way it messes with my swg folder like moving screenshots and mails.
And i was used to MyRes so i wrote a new program that is similar to MyRes.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:27 pm

screenshots are not "messed" with since ages ago so you must not have tested since ... ages ago 8)

mails was "messed" with for a reason, this reason is still valid but because of players' interest in having SWGAide mobile, as in same-DAT-file wherever or even having SWGAide at a memory stick used on different computers, this is changed within a foreseeable future. somewhat slower performance but ... mobile.

MyRes was also my starting point, some features in it are my suggestions to Wendano back in 2005. probably you see it in SWGAide as well, certainly in the inventory import support :)

you are very welcome to join in on SWGAide, better results with joint forces than from split individuals. have another look and see what have happened the recent years (but mails are still moved, for another few months I guess).

cheers
Zimoon