Schematic "Type" list

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the schematics.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Schematic "Type" list

Post by Onyx » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:03 am

Didn't really want to make a new thread for this but wasn't sure where else to put it lol.

The drop-down list (edit-mode) for "Type" needs some changes/additions.

It currently lists the following:
  • Coming in GU9
  • Deconstructed
  • Faction: Imperial
  • Faction: Rebel
  • Looted
  • Outdated
  • Regular
  • Removed with Game Update 5
  • Reward
I've used the "Removed with Game Update 5" category for several items that are no longer craftable--but they weren't removed with GU5 lol. Domestics had some items removed back in Chapter 6 (the initial Beast Master publish), in GU9, and in GU15 or so.

I don't think that we need a category for each of those though. I think perhaps just one that states "Removed" or "No longer craftable"? I've been adding a comment with when things were actually removed and think that should suffice for the "when".

Also, anything that was in the "Coming in GU9" category should probably be changed to "Regular" and that category deleted? If someone would run a query on what's left in that category, I'd be happy to review it and make those changes. (Or do I actually have the ability to run that type of query myself and just don't know it? ;) )
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Schematic "Type" list

Post by Sobuno » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:35 pm

As I mentioned in another thread, I can't really access the database or the files at the moment seeing that the password is not stored at this computer. I should have my main computer by Wednesday and will take a look at it later.

Regarding those marked as "Coming in GU9": If they all need to go to "Regular", I can easily do it by script.

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:25 am

Heh, I missed that comment :)

I'd need to take a look through to ensure that all the stuff flagged as GU9 to verify they actually did get added but I'd guess they should all be accurate.
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:26 am

Onyx wrote:Didn't really want to make a new thread for this but wasn't sure where else to put it lol.

The drop-down list (edit-mode) for "Type" needs some changes/additions.

It currently lists the following:
  • Coming in GU9
  • Deconstructed
  • Faction: Imperial
  • Faction: Rebel
  • Looted
  • Outdated
  • Regular
  • Removed with Game Update 5
  • Reward
I wonder, or rather think, it would be a good idea to merge the colored items as well. Why?

Red: removed is removed, a time-stamp just adds info about the date but I suggest the date is recorded somehow when somebody is setting a schematic to "removed". Or the maintainer must remember to add a comment about it, an awkward extra step because it takes you out of edit mode.

Green: as pointed out elsewhere there are now several ways beyond "regular" to obtain a schematic: looted, Chu-Gon Dar, expertise (which is tagged with a special profession-level but marked as regular), reward (quest, GU, collection), deconstructed (special as is), factional (special as is), bought by GCW coins, etc. Either merge them all to "Misc" or we rather must have one tag per way and then we must know that we can get new tags quite quick when a need arises.

IMHO merge the two green to "Miscellaneous" and keep factional and deconstructed, the latter because it is quite special and not seldom these "schematics" double a standard schematic. And use the comment field for special notes. Again a request for that special, moderated notes field for such information.

Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:01 pm

I think the point of "Outdated" was to mean "The information for this schematic is out of date and should be updated", not necessarily that the schematic was removed

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:13 pm

Talked to Slyvampy and acquired the password (For your info, it was *******).

The "Coming in Game Update 9" category was already empty.

Renamed the "Removed with Game Update 5" category to "No longer craftable"
Last edited by Sobuno on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Better mask that password I guess

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:43 pm

Even if I suggest merging the Reward and Looted and to let the result embrace all kinds of other-than-normal, with the current exceptions for faction and deconstructed, I would want to hear some feedback from other crafters. Experience has taught me that I do not always think of all possible factors 8)

/Zim

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:03 pm

Sobuno wrote:Talked to Slyvampy and acquired the password (For your info, it was *******).

The "Coming in Game Update 9" category was already empty.

Renamed the "Removed with Game Update 5" category to "No longer craftable"
I just want to flag for a possible confusion and I want to hear what others say.

Today we have at least two types of "old" schematics:
  1. they no longer exist any form or fashion, hence they cannot be crafted
    example: weapon schematics that were removed in GU-5
  2. they exist in some old players' safety boxes and can be crafted, but they can no longer be obtained
    example: Crafting Apron, once on a time a reward in Jabba's theme park
I have no suggestion at this point.

The former (1) are set to "invisible" and only maintainers can see them. In a future it is perhaps possible to display them at some special "historical page", separate from schematics that can be crafted. More or less just a display case.

The latter (2) are listed with common schematics. Today there is no tag that denotes them as craftable but nowhere-to-be-obtained. I have used "reward" and added a note in the comments field which feels OK. We must not confuse "No longer craftable" with this latter group.

Zimoon