Biolinks with Deconstructed Schemetics

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the schematics.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Biolinks with Deconstructed Schemetics

Post by AtiInc » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Would it be useful to have a flag on Deconstructed Schemetics to indicate if that schemetic bio-links to the deconstructor on deconstruction?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Biolinks with Deconstructed Schemetics

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:00 pm

To answer that question it would first be good to have some facts, such as...

What is the ratio between deconstructed item/schematic that are bio-linked versus them that do not bio-link?

Is there a category of deconstructed items that always bio-link?

Personally I like data that is meaningful, and if that is in formalized way or in the "comment field" per schematic would rather be a matter of what the "some facts" say. Possibly there are even more facts to consider.

I guess it is a matter of hours for Sobuno to add it to the database and to the web interface, so ...

/Zimoon

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Post by AtiInc » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:04 pm

Zimoon wrote:To answer that question it would first be good to have some facts, such as...

What is the ratio between deconstructed item/schematic that are bio-linked versus them that do not bio-link?

Is there a category of deconstructed items that always bio-link?

Personally I like data that is meaningful, and if that is in formalized way or in the "comment field" per schematic would rather be a matter of what the "some facts" say. Possibly there are even more facts to consider.

I guess it is a matter of hours for Sobuno to add it to the database and to the web interface, so ...

/Zimoon
I think most of the newer deconstructable schems have biolink to deconstructure on them now as standard policy, to avoid theft.

There are multiple older schems that can be deconstructed and dont biolink to the deconstructor.

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Post by AtiInc » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:10 pm

Whilst I have you Zimoon, can only admins approve images submitted to schemetics? Or can maintaners do it to? And if so, how.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:01 pm

Admins and Moderators.
If you do not see a link above a schematic, just next to Settings (or is it Options?), no.
/Zim