Schematics Maintainers - - - Hints, Tips, and Rules

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the schematics.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Schematics Maintainers - - - Hints, Tips, and Rules

Post by Zimoon » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:10 pm

This is not any criticism, just a reminder.

Recently some schematics have been added but somebody forgot to select a category.

Use the drop-down list just under name.
As examples, a Trandoshan Laser Rifle is the category "Rifle [Weapon]", a Kashyyyk Tree House is the category "Building Deed [Deed]", etc.

Usually this is no problem, the information at the datapad commonly read the category in one way or the other. Or compare with similar schematics :)

/Zimoon

PS: Edited, another reminder is: do not select a value at a guess or "it use to be this", leave it alone if uncertain and you or somebody fills in the correct data later on. It is easier to find missing data than wrong data :)
Last edited by Zimoon on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed :)

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Zimoon wrote:... missing data than missing data :)
:shock:

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:44 am

Sobuno wrote:
Zimoon wrote:... missing data than missing data :)
:shock:
That must be how it is said in Turkish :roll: :D :lol:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Added a section on the new "Quality Level" for schematics. The section is midway down the first post.

Notice the very special use of "mixed" and understand when it should not be used :)

/Zimoon

PS: I have asked Sobuno to auto-set groups of schematics to either LQ or HQ, such as HQ for all weapons and Food&Drink, but LQ for all entertainer items, etc. Nothing hinders you from doing it manually but those large groups may be quicker done by Sobuno's swift hands and a SQL sentence :lol:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:11 am

Added and updated text about Type.

Also polished and edited the entire guide, I hope my English improves and that everything now reflects the recent changes to some of the infrastructure the developer here at SWGCraft has made. Reports about errors are warmly welcomed, as always.

Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:42 pm

Woohaa .... somebody made a massive, and I really mean massive, update of weapons the other day. Impressive, now all weapons are properly categorized, most if not all have the information text, and much much more.

I dare not guess who that is ... I have a suspect on my mind, but whoever the yet anonymous hero is
/kowtow
/bmoc
/thanks

/Zimoon

DarioZ
Novice Crafter

Post by DarioZ » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:42 pm

I'd love to help for schematics. Is there a crash course? (I suppose this thread?)

I can help with weapons mainly

DarioZ
Novice Crafter

Post by DarioZ » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:45 am

Can I help then? How?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:00 pm

Oh sorry, I added you to the Schematics Maintainers group, so you should have access to the tools Zimoon describe in here.

DarioZ
Novice Crafter

Post by DarioZ » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:02 pm

Ok so now in Aide I see error under:

Ex. Curved Sword

jacketed_sword_core
1 Error

Under "Melee Weapon Component" we lack the Category "Sword Core" so I identified the problem (in my mind) and how to solve:

- create a sword core category, with components inside "sword core" and "advanced sword core".
- link the jacketed_sword_core slot to this cateory

How do I do this?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:02 am

DarioZ wrote:Ok so now in Aide I see error under:

Ex. Curved Sword

jacketed_sword_core
1 Error

Under "Melee Weapon Component" we lack the Category "Sword Core" so I identified the problem (in my mind) and how to solve:

- create a sword core category, with components inside "sword core" and "advanced sword core".

How do I do this?
Actually, the error message in SWGAide here stems from the fact that the "Sword Core" schematic has the type "No longer craftable" - SWGAide skips these schematics when processing the schematics file. As you can see at http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/viewschemat ... schem=6530, the schematic does list the "Sword Core" schematics as a component.

However, you are correct that this one should probably be the category Sword Core. Categories cannot be created by Schematic Maintainers, but need to be created by me. I have created a new category Sword Core. What you need to do now is to change the schematic to use this component by entering edit mode and editing the component to use "Sword Core [Category]" in place of "Sword Core". In addition, you need to add Sword Core, Advanced Sword Core and Geonosian Sword Core to the category by editing them and placing them under the "Sword Core [Melee Weapon Component] category. Furthermore, update the different cores to have the correct type (i.e. if they are craftable, they should not be listed as "No longer craftable")

If you want to fix more of these "No longer craftable" errors, here is a list of all schematics currently marked as "No longer craftable":
Advanced Projectile Feed Mechanism
Advanced Reinforcement Core
Advanced Sword Core
Barrel
C12 Fragmentation Grenade
C22 Fragmentation Grenade
Chemical Warhead
Chemical-dispersion Mechanism
CryoBan Grenade
Glop Grenade
Heavy Warhead Mechanism
Imperial Detonator
Light Warhead Mechanism
Medium Warhead Mechanism
Projectile Feed Mechanism
Proton Grenade
Reinforcement Core
Sword Core
Thermal Detonator
Warhead Fusing Mechanism
Warhead Stabilizing Device

DarioZ
Novice Crafter

Post by DarioZ » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:18 pm

Sobuno wrote:

Ex. Curved Sword

jacketed_sword_core
1 Error

How do I do this?
Actually, the error message in SWGAide here stems from the fact that the "Sword Core" schematic has the type "No longer craftable" - SWGAide skips these schematics when processing the schematics file. As you can see at http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/viewschemat ... schem=6530, the schematic does list the "Sword Core" schematics as a component.

However, you are correct that this one should probably be the category Sword Core. Categories cannot be created by Schematic Maintainers, but need to be created by me. I have created a new category Sword Core. What you need to do now is to change the schematic to use this component by entering edit mode and editing the component to use "Sword Core [Category]" in place of "Sword Core". In addition, you need to add Sword Core, Advanced Sword Core and Geonosian Sword Core to the category by editing them and placing them under the "Sword Core [Melee Weapon Component] category. Furthermore, update the different cores to have the correct type (i.e. if they are craftable, they should not be listed as "No longer craftable")

If you want to fix more of these "No longer craftable" errors, here is a list of all schematics currently marked as "No longer craftable":
Advanced Sword Core
Barrel
Chemical Warhead
CryoBan Grenade
Glop Grenade
Heavy Warhead Mechanism
Imperial Detonator
Light Warhead Mechanism
Medium Warhead Mechanism
Proton Grenade
Reinforcement Core
Sword Core
Thermal Detonator
Warhead Fusing Mechanism
Ok I did so, but I see subcategories like:

These categories are subcategories of this category (Melee Weapon Component):

Melee Weapon Reinforcement
Sword Core
Vibro Unit

I just should ignore these right?

To fix "No longer craftable" I should just set regular or loot right?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:50 pm

DarioZ wrote:
Sobuno wrote:

Ex. Curved Sword

jacketed_sword_core
1 Error

How do I do this?

Advanced Sword Core
Barrel
Chemical Warhead
CryoBan Grenade
Glop Grenade
Heavy Warhead Mechanism
Imperial Detonator
Light Warhead Mechanism
Medium Warhead Mechanism
Proton Grenade
Reinforcement Core
Sword Core
Thermal Detonator
Warhead Fusing Mechanism
Ok I did so, but I see subcategories like:

These categories are subcategories of this category (Melee Weapon Component):

Melee Weapon Reinforcement
Sword Core
Vibro Unit

I just should ignore these right?

To fix "No longer craftable" I should just set regular or loot right?
As far as I can tell, you have changed the component for the Curved Sword to the correct category, yes. When you click the "Sword Core" link on http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/viewschemat ... schem=6530 now, you reach the category overview for the category Sword Core. This one does not contain any schematics, so it seems you still need to do this:
In addition, you need to add Sword Core, Advanced Sword Core and Geonosian Sword Core to the category by editing them and placing them under the "Sword Core [Melee Weapon Component] category.
As for "No longer craftable", if they do not belong under any other category, Regular is the correct choice.

DarioZ
Novice Crafter

Post by DarioZ » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:26 am

I'd need the creation of the category Blaster Power Handler [Ranged Weapon Component] that will contain blaster power handler and advanced blaster power handler.

Similarly I'd need also

Chemical Dispersion Mechanism [Ranged Weapon Component]
Projectile Feed Mechanism [Ranged Weapon Component]
Reinforcement Core [Melee Weapon Component]

and I got a SQL error under http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/viewschemat ... schem=7136 but I modified and updated schematics and problema solved!

For HQ/LQ, should I set High quality, Geonosian and Advanced Sword Cores and Low Quality standard Sword Core?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:14 pm

DarioZ wrote:I'd need the creation of the category Blaster Power Handler [Ranged Weapon Component] that will contain blaster power handler and advanced blaster power handler.

Similarly I'd need also

Chemical Dispersion Mechanism [Ranged Weapon Component]
Projectile Feed Mechanism [Ranged Weapon Component]
Reinforcement Core [Melee Weapon Component]

and I got a SQL error under http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/viewschemat ... schem=7136 but I modified and updated schematics and problema solved!

For HQ/LQ, should I set High quality, Geonosian and Advanced Sword Cores and Low Quality standard Sword Core?
I have added the categories. If you get an SQL error again, please PM it to me so I can have a look at what went wrong.

As for HQ/LQ, see the guide Zimoon made. I have copied the relevant section below:
Schematics' Quality Level --- New!!!
This field denotes the normal case for the end quality of a schematic, nothing else. A quality is HQ, LQ, or sometimes "mixed".
  • HQ: high-quality items; a weapon is always HQ; if a player wants one as decor is not the normal case.
  • LQ: items which quality is ignore in-game.
    - Several schematics can be experimented but it has no practical use; for example a survey device.
    - Several schematics exist without any experimenting properties.
  • Mixed: components that must be HQ in some use but may be any quality in other use.
    It is the use case that determines whichever, not that somebody wants something for decor.
Example 1 of "mixed": without loss of quality a DE can use low-quality Control Units for anything he crafts for himself, however, a Control Unit must be top notch with an amazing if it is used by an Architect who makes a crafting station or while crafting the Micro Sensor Suit for that same Architect. Hence, the use case determines whether a Control Unit can be of any quality or if it must be HQ.

Example 2 of "mixed": regardless of their quality some lower-level items can be stacked to replace one higher level item, but if one is used alone it must be HQ, hence they are "mixed".

Example of not "mixed": the quality of a Camp Battery determines the lifetime of a camp, hence the battery is HQ. However, some players buy short-lived camps with for example a Junk Dealer, hence LQ batteries do have a market. However, even if this is a common case the battery use is not for different schematics, some that settle with LQ and some that require HQ, but it is used in the same schematic and the buyer sometimes settle with any quality -- somewhat similar to the "decoration argument".

The "mixed" quality level is only used for components which must be HQ for some schematics but quality is ignored for other schematics, or end items which sometimes are used as components. The "mixed" quality level is never used for an end use item that is never used as a component. That a user settles with an end item of any quality has no bearing to this property. Thus, not many schematics (components) have the "mixed" quality level.

Notice: HQ or LQ is not determined by if an item is unused in-game. Several schematics exist which are redundant today and they could well be removed. For these, set the quality level to the quality they had the most recent time they were used.
Thus, if experimenting on the different cores matter, they are all HQ.