Asked a question I didn't know the answer to...

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Asked a question I didn't know the answer to...

Post by Rommel » Sun May 11, 2008 1:19 am

Somebody asked me the other day if swgcraft.co.uk had the full database that swgcraft.com had, I didn't know so here I am.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Asked a question I didn't know the answer to...

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 11, 2008 6:38 am

Rommel wrote:Somebody asked me the other day if swgcraft.co.uk had the full database that swgcraft.com had, I didn't know so here I am.
Hopefully that is the case. The developers here had no access to the database of .com but skimmed the old site for the data (skim = download page after page galaxy for galaxy and parse the web page for data). I would certainly say that 99% is here and the rest as in the realm of uncertainty since anything can happen while skimming, the slightest connection error or hiccup and...

If anybody finds anything that differs from the 30k Vet crate, rectify it. If anything is missing and is that great that it shold be here, add it and instantly mark it as unavailable.

I wish there was either a check box at Add Resources named "In Retrospect", or another sub page named the same. Resources added with that option is added to the database with some special date, such as 1970-01-01. But now there is no such option and added/unavailable is better than not existing.

/Zimoon