Multiple planet resource additions...

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Multiple planet resource additions...

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:36 pm

For resources like Flora, Creature, Water where they are fixed to a single planet is it possible to add them from a single add window?

I tend to find it quicker and easier to use the "30k resource deed" to check these resources and it would make life a lot easier if they could be added at once rather than loading each planet and adding the resource.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Multiple planet resource additions...

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 02, 2008 9:30 pm

Monty Burns wrote:For resources like Flora, Creature, Water where they are fixed to a single planet is it possible to add them from a single add window?

I tend to find it quicker and easier to use the "30k resource deed" to check these resources and it would make life a lot easier if they could be added at once rather than loading each planet and adding the resource.
I guess the developers (Sobuno and Slyvampy) easily could add something for the "planetarian" resources whenever they get the time for it.

Flora and Water should be able to upload using the SWGAide, but that requires you to use ISDroids. Creature resources, I will add that as soon as I have added the other longed for features.

/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Fri May 02, 2008 9:36 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Monty Burns wrote:For resources like Flora, Creature, Water where they are fixed to a single planet is it possible to add them from a single add window?

I guess the developers (Sobuno and Slyvampy) easily could add something for the "planetarian" resources whenever they get the time for it.

Flora and Water should be able to upload using the SWGAide, but that requires you to use ISDroids. Creature resources, I will add that as soon as I have added the other longed for features.

/Zimoon
I have never seen the point in using ISdroids and SWGAide for water, ten droids for one response seems pointless when they are all listed in one spot in the 30k deed and you need to access it to fill in the droid data anyway.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 02, 2008 9:57 pm

Monty Burns wrote:
Zimoon wrote:

Flora and Water should be able to upload using the SWGAide, but that requires you to use ISDroids. Creature resources, I will add that as soon as I have added the other longed for features./Zimoon
I have never seen the point in using ISdroids and SWGAide for water, ten droids for one response seems pointless when they are all listed in one spot in the 30k deed and you need to access it to fill in the droid data anyway.
I don't use them for Water myself ;)

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun May 04, 2008 8:57 pm

The "easy" way of doing multi-planet resource additions does not allow for things like this, unfortunately.

The "easy" way -> http://swgcraft.co.uk/dev/testfile.php (The page doesn't do anything, only interesting part is the planet selection).

It will require a base planet (That is why you can't change the planet selection for Corellia) on which the resource must be able to spawn. If the resource cannot spawn on that planet, it does not get added. If it can spawn on that planet, the resource will be added and the system will SILENTY/almost-SILENTLY attempt to add it to any other planets you marked. That is, the system will not return any error message for any additional planets that the resource could not be added to (That, or it might return "The following resources could not be added to all the planets you chose" or something similar).

Making that popup-box for the "easy" way has taken at least 2 hours. Gotta hate popup libraries! (Some popups on the site might be a bit odd positioned at the moment)

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ibaum » Sun May 04, 2008 11:07 pm

Sobuno wrote:The "easy" way of doing multi-planet resource additions does not allow for things like this, unfortunately.

The "easy" way -> http://swgcraft.co.uk/dev/testfile.php (The page doesn't do anything, only interesting part is the planet selection).

It will require a base planet (That is why you can't change the planet selection for Corellia) on which the resource must be able to spawn. If the resource cannot spawn on that planet, it does not get added. If it can spawn on that planet, the resource will be added and the system will SILENTY/almost-SILENTLY attempt to add it to any other planets you marked. That is, the system will not return any error message for any additional planets that the resource could not be added to (That, or it might return "The following resources could not be added to all the planets you chose" or something similar).

Making that popup-box for the "easy" way has taken at least 2 hours. Gotta hate popup libraries! (Some popups on the site might be a bit odd positioned at the moment)
That's new, isn't it? I love it. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you! So much nicer to put in multiple planets! You guys are in fact my heroes.
/Ibaum

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon May 05, 2008 4:18 am

Ibaum wrote: That's new, isn't it? I love it. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you! So much nicer to put in multiple planets! You guys are in fact my heroes.
That's rather new, yeah. In fact, I only finished it up minutes before I posted it. It does not have any functionality yet though, but that will come at some point (On the regular Add Resources page that is)

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue May 27, 2008 3:37 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Ibaum wrote: That's new, isn't it? I love it. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you! So much nicer to put in multiple planets! You guys are in fact my heroes.
That's rather new, yeah. In fact, I only finished it up minutes before I posted it. It does not have any functionality yet though, but that will come at some point (On the regular Add Resources page that is)

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/add_resources_multi.php <- Try it out if you want to and report any bugs you find

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 27, 2008 4:40 pm

Assume this:

A user has traveled around at 4 planets and have found one new resource type each planet:
Resource A at Corellia
Resource B at Dantooine
Resource C at Lok
Resource d at Rori

Since one planet is preselected and cannot be deselected we have a problem with the multi-input. If all four resource would have existed also at Corellia and then on different planets it is no problem. Any Flora is one that never behaves that nicely.

There must be either no preselected planet, or it must be possible to deselect the preselected planet.

That is my first finding :)

/Zimoon

/that moves on to SWGAide again

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue May 27, 2008 5:11 pm

Zimoon wrote:Assume this:

A user has traveled around at 4 planets and have found one new resource type each planet:
Resource A at Corellia
Resource B at Dantooine
Resource C at Lok
Resource d at Rori

Since one planet is preselected and cannot be deselected we have a problem with the multi-input. If all four resource would have existed also at Corellia and then on different planets it is no problem. Any Flora is one that never behaves that nicely.

There must be either no preselected planet, or it must be possible to deselect the preselected planet.

That is my first finding :)

/Zimoon

/that moves on to SWGAide again
And that is why I refered to this as the "easy" way of doing it. Not having a base planet would require a rather large rewrite of the page

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 27, 2008 5:44 pm

Would it be possible to at least deselect the preselected planet?

I understand that requires the logic on submit to throw away planet-less resources. But it would be the major enhancement that makes this page great.

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue May 27, 2008 8:24 pm

Zimoon wrote:Would it be possible to at least deselect the preselected planet?

I understand that requires the logic on submit to throw away planet-less resources. But it would be the major enhancement that makes this page great.

/Zimoon

Try out this one instead now: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/add_resources_multi2.php

NOTE: Hasn't been tested at all (Short of adding two resources)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Looking great :D

/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:47 pm

Sobuno wrote:

/Zimoon

Try out this one instead now: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/add_resources_multi2.php

I assume that is similar to what I was asking about but as I really didnt want to hit the add resources button I assume it does this?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:54 pm

Monty Burns wrote:
Sobuno wrote:

/Zimoon

I assume that is similar to what I was asking about but as I really didnt want to hit the add resources button I assume it does this?
It adds a Planets link that brings up a box in which you can select what planets that resource is in spawn on.
Captureadd.JPG
Captureadd.JPG (71.89 KiB) Viewed 8076 times
It relies heavily on Javascript by the way.