a question about OQ

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sunrunner08
Novice Crafter

a question about OQ

Post by Sunrunner08 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:30 pm

Does OQ play any factor in the crafting process where OQ is NOT figured into experimentation?

A prime example of this is in Lightsaber crafting. A lightsabers experimental damage comes from 100% CD (if I'm not mistaken) and oftentimes I see vendors selling "Lightsaber resources" in low quanitities for very exorbitant prices.

Most of these are very high quality - OQ wise - but I feel that most people don't realize that they don't need a high OQ Culsion Inert Gas, or Mirth Inert Gas to get the maximum possible damage out of a lightsaber. Additionally, a 995 OQ Duralloy steel does not equate to 99% damage in experimentation. If the CD of the 995 OQ Duralloy is 583.. it is NOT the best Duralloy available in crafting lightsabers. On the contrary, a Duralloy with an OQ of 323, and a CD of 632 would be a far superior steel to use.

Considering that these resources are being sold for large amounts of credits on private vendors tells me that some traders are merely taking advantage of those who are ignorant to the fact that OQ is not factored into a max-damage lightsaber.

So I go back to my original question, although I think I have already answered it.. does OQ make any difference whatsoever in the assembly of an item that doesn't need OQ in experimentation?

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Re: a question about OQ

Post by Belisama » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:41 am

As far as i know you need OQ on the resoruces:
(from an info text):
The stats you need for sabers are
Conductivity (=CD) 33 %
Overall Quality (=OQ) 66%
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:50 am

I just check out the Jedi FAQ at SWG/SOE and OQ and CD are the required stats.

Are you aware of that OQ has no cap, it can go all the way up to 1000, but other resources are capped on CD? I think you confuse the "bad stats" with stats that are awesome since they are close to their caps.

Duralloy Steel: CD caps at 650
Titanium Aluminum: CD caps at 408
But Polysteel Copper has no cap on CD so it can be 1000.

Since the galaxy-best resources are listed in the Jedi FAQ I believe it is impossible for a Trader to scam Jedi apprentices, right?

More on resource caps in the XML file (quite human readable) at http://simongronlund.googlepages.com/swgresourcefiles

If you want to read more on resource qualities and such, please find the Beginners Guide for Traders found in the General Crafting forum.

Cheers

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:15 am

Sunrunner08 wrote:So I go back to my original question, although I think I have already answered it.. does OQ make any difference whatsoever in the assembly of an item that doesn't need OQ in experimentation?
Reading your post once again I realize I never replied to the real question.

If the schematic does not call for OQ then OQ is never ever considered, and there are many schematics that do not call for OQ whatsoever.

/Zimoon

Sunrunner08
Novice Crafter

Post by Sunrunner08 » Fri May 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Ok, well maybe a LS wasn't a good example, but yes, my point was that the CD of the specific metals were capped at lower percentages, and an inert gas has no CD, so in a "hypothetical" sense.. if OQ wasn't part of the equation, the lower OQ duralloy in the previous example would be better. Thanks for clearing that up. Having the percentages with cap considerations has been very helpful in evaluating a resource's worth and usefulness. Great site! :)