No Tantooin Fiberplast shown...

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Maro
Novice Crafter

No Tantooin Fiberplast shown...

Post by Maro » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:29 pm

Hey Guys :)

Have addes 2 Times Tantooin Fiberplast... 1st with Zimoons Tools, 2nd manual but not shown on Page... :/

Greez Maro

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: No Tantooin Fiberplast shown...

Post by Zimoon » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:36 pm

I can add that Maro works on Gorath, as I do.

However, which name of the Fiberplast, Maro?

EDITED: Looks as nothing is added to .com either. I see a Wihie, Tatooinian Fiberplast marked as unavailable by Maro 5 h ago, which I had added 5 days ago. So definitely it works adding Fiberplast at Tatooine, wonder why this one does not. /Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Can't do much without the name of the resource :(

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:15 pm

I did Chemicals on Tatooine / Gorath today and I found the fiberplast. It is named Aopa,Tatooinian Fiberplast,260,535,169,996,486

The problem was that there was an Aopa in the database. That should have been Aopo which correctly was added as Nabooian Wheat and was imported as is from the old .com site. I have now renamed that one to Aopo and then added the new fiberplast. I found the wheat in the 30k veteran resource crate, verified its name but not its stats.

So, two things:

I will see what I can do in SWGAide. I actually believe I get a return code saying that the resource exists but currently SWGAide doesn't use that info. I will look into that and see what I can do.

I suggest that this site not silently drops the submission but raises some kind of warning "Resource <NAME> exists in database, please verify the name". But not only that, make it bring up the old resource as well so it is easy to rectify the old resource.

In the this case with the Tatooinian Fiberplast I had to 1) mark Aopa, the faulty wheat, as available again (luckily it did not mark the current wheat as unavailable), 2) browse to it in the flora section, 3) edit its name, 4) browse to it again, and 5) mark it as unavailable. This is 4 steps too many as well as it is really cumbersome to a user not that skilled on the workings of this site.

So, a page with two things: 1) a warning of a faulty name which could be edited at the very same page and SUBMIT would add the resource, 2) the old resource which could be edited at the very same page but retain its availability state without further ado; SUBMIT would correct the old resource and also add the new resource. If we are that extremely unlucky so the edited name is again clashing we just take another turn.

Cheers

Zimoon

PS: I moved this thread to Development Forums » Resources Discussion where it is more appropriate.

Maro
Novice Crafter

Post by Maro » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:27 pm

Ah okay.... understand... i give you alot of work this Weekend , i think :P

PS: THX Zimoon for that great Tool :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:34 pm

Maro wrote:Ah okay.... understand... i give you alot of work this Weekend , i think :P
No worry, we found the problem.

The next time, unless the Devs here (which I am not) have added my suggestions, please refer to this thread on why and how you could deal with it manually.

It is not uncommon that resource names are spelled wrongly and then that resource name "exists" in the database, blocking a new, correct resource.

Using ISDroids and SWGAide helps you a lot since the names are correct from the ISDroid reports. :)

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:49 pm

Zimoon wrote:In the this case with the Tatooinian Fiberplast I had to 1) mark Aopa, the faulty wheat, as available again (luckily it did not mark the current wheat as unavailable), 2) browse to it in the flora section, 3) edit its name, 4) browse to it again, and 5) mark it as unavailable. This is 4 steps too many as well as it is really cumbersome to a user not that skilled on the workings of this site.
I think you could just do a "Find Resources" search for the resource, click the name, click the "Edit Stats" (Name's a bit misleading I guess) link and edit the name, thus removing a couple of steps.

That being said, it should pop up some message, yeah.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:41 pm

Still quite a few steps and I am lazy :D

/Zimoon