Adding resources with SWGAide

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zeth
Novice Crafter

Adding resources with SWGAide

Post by Zeth » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:29 pm

How do you usually go about when you add resources to the site?

I took my first shot at it today using ISDroids:
1) I got reports from all planets possible, of Mineral.
2) Submitted the resources without stats.
3) I got SWGAide to make res.txt again, and used a 30k deed to get resource stats. Which I added to the new res.txt (this time it looked different.. think it removed double reports of mineral type?).
4) Manually copy/paste the information planet by planet with stats to the site.

Being my first time at this, I think I might have done it the hard way or something... :)

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Adding resources with SWGAide

Post by Rommel » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:32 pm

My new IS Droids came in today, 15 minutes return /w 10 uses per droid, get ready to see Bloodfin updated in full once or twice a week again.
I couldn't do it without you Zimoon.

Bloodfin had some good spawns recently to make ISDroids so I stocked up with enough to make 200k droids (200k * 10 uses per droid = Lifetime supply :p)

Here are my tips and tricks for rapid updating of a galaxy, I have sent out 2000+ droids on bloodfin btw...

Tools required:
  • Interplanetary Droids, the better the quality the faster the return time (My current crop is 15 minutes with 10 uses per droid)
  • Crates and crates of survey tools
  • SWGAide
  • 30k Free Resource Crate
The nitty gridy:
  • 1. Get some droids out in your inventory, and split 10 tools off a crate and take them out in your inventory.
    2. Click on a droid twice to open it, repeat 10 times, now you have 10 droid windows open right on top of each other.
    3. Now select the first planet and press ok, now press the up arrow to select the device and click ok, repeat 9 more times.
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 for the other survey tool types.
    5. Wiat for the mails to fly in and then do a /mailsave.
    6. Open SWGAide and select the toon you did it on and goto the ISDroid panel.
    7. Once it is done doing it's thing press Submit 1&2 and then press Write to Res.txt
    8. Back in game open your 30k Resource Crate and also opent he res.txt (/no res)
    9. Work your way though the res.txt file, when your done close the note and go back to SWGAide and press submit 3 & 4
Easy.

Tip: SWGAide order's resources for each planet in the res.txt how they are listed in the 30k FRC, so work your way though it with that in mind.
ie. Start with organic's first if you did those.
You can also select 'Long List' and it will list all resources not by planet but how they are listed in the 30k FRC going from Organics to Inorganics so you can shoot right down the list.

Tip: You can set a blacklist of resources you never wanna set stats on but report to SWGCraft.co.uk that they are spawned/despawned. In the misc folder create the file isdroid_blacklist.txt and list the resource classes you want blacklisted (As they are named in the ISD reports). (I personally blacklist Wind Energy and Solar Energy since I never harvest them and they are not listed in the 30k FRC)

My personal preferences are, Allow w/o stats, Long list, Skip duplicates, and Auto delete.
Last edited by Rommel on Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:36 pm

Zeth wrote:How do you usually go about when you add resources to the site?

I took my first shot at it today using ISDroids:
1) I got reports from all planets possible, of Mineral.
2) Submitted the resources without stats.
3) I got SWGAide to make res.txt again, and used a 30k deed to get resource stats. Which I added to the new res.txt (this time it looked different.. think it removed double reports of mineral type?).
4) Manually copy/paste the information planet by planet with stats to the site.

Being my first time at this, I think I might have done it the hard way or something... :)
Have you read the help text. Press F1 while viewing the ISDroid panel.

There are quite a few options for this panel that you can play around with, see Options >> Isdroid

Yes, one option is not to have doubles in the res.txt, SWGAide will upload them to all appropriate planets anyway, it keeps track of the planets so no need to worry.

If you did a manual copy&paste, yes, then you did it the hard way. The idea is that you only have to press the "Submit "res.txt"" button once :)

I am in the final phase of a feature asked for, that res.txt just contain one long list of resources, not split on planets. Everything works fine, so why did I start adding another feature asked for, a progress meter??? That was way more work than I had aniticipated 8)

In a few days the new version will be uploaded though :D

/Zimoon

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:22 pm

Zimoon wrote:I am in the final phase of a feature asked for, that res.txt just contain one long list of resources, not split on planets. Everything works fine, so why did I start adding another feature asked for, a progress meter??? That was way more work than I had aniticipated 8)
Sweetness!!

The progress meter didn't actually have to show progress, just that something was happening. But a progress meter that shows actual progress is sweet :P

Zeth
Novice Crafter

Post by Zeth » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:31 am

Alright, didn't read the help text. Trying the correct way today :)

I've had a problem with alt-tab'ing between SWG and SWGAide though.. Looks like SWGAide "freeze" and can't really see the UI, just a portion of SWG in the window instead.

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:09 am

Set your SWG to a borderless window(just like playing fullscreen but no delay when alt-tabbing), alt-tabbing is no problem then, I actually don't alt-tab at all I just press the windows key to bring up the taskbar with no delay changing between SWG and anything else.

The option to make a borderless window is in the game options before you launch.

Zeth
Novice Crafter

Post by Zeth » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:22 am

Wow, that's pretty nice. Fast alt-tab'ing and without any problems with SWGAide. Thanks :)

Zeth
Novice Crafter

Post by Zeth » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:56 pm

Get everything in as I should now ^^ SWGAide is very nice tool :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:07 pm

A work in progress. I welcome all and every bug and issues report. Just remember to include the two log files plus a description on what you were doing. After sending me the report you can delete the two files :)

/Z