New to Resources and Survey

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: New to Resources and Survey

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:09 pm

Zeth wrote:New question..
Say I survey for Mineral on Dantooine. I check what is listed on my survey tool, and compare it to the site. The site lists a Known Radioactive that is not on my survey tool. However, the site lists is as being on several planets. Can I know for sure that is unavailable on those other planets, when it is gone on Dantooine?
No you can't! But most probably you can! ;)

The reason is, say some user mistakenly chose Dantooine rather than Dathomir, then it would be listed at Dantooine and other planets but you won't see it in your tool. This has happened and that was why I had to add both suspenders and belt to SWGAide and still it is not 100% safe unless you cover all 10 planets for the same resource class.

However, since this is quite rare I would say, go ahead.

The golden rule is that when a resource depletes at one planet it depletes at the entire galaxy at the same time. Only some seldom seen server synchronization issues may give up to a few hours difference.

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:24 pm

This is also the reason why marking a resource as unavailable on one planet on this site will mark it unavailable on all other planets too

Zeth
Novice Crafter

Post by Zeth » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:52 pm

Alright, thanks :)