Correcting an incorrect spelling...

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Correcting an incorrect spelling...

Post by Rommel » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:44 am

This resource is spelled wrong and somebody added it with the correct spelling so there is nothing a user can do to repair it.

I went and looked it up in the resource crate to find the correct spelling.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Correcting an incorrect spelling...

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:54 am

Is it possible to "remove" the faulty resource??

What happens if you try to edit the faulty resource with the correct name? Does that result in an error message?

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:34 pm

Zimoon wrote:Is it possible to "remove" the faulty resource??
It was possible to remove it by pressing "Edit Stats", confirming (Resulting in it getting spawned on the planet selected in the upper-right corner) and then removing it via the "Current Resources" page. This may have side-effects though because of the auto-despawning of another resource of the same type that happens with some types of resources. I guess I should add a feature for moderators to delete old resources (Those imported without a planet associated with them)

What happens if you try to edit the faulty resource with the correct name? Does that result in an error message?
It should result in an error message, yes

/Z
Blau

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:53 pm

I guess editing a name and getting that error message, would it make sense to at the error screen having some options to "remove" or something similar??

That could possibly address this issue when rectifying a resource name into anything already there. Given it is correct of course ;)

Just trying to find ways to easily rectify errors for our users.

I understand some edits must be queued and accepted by moderators, that's OK. Just that the option is there.

/Z

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:57 am

BTW, this is a resource that has been despawned for sometime, I only noticed it when I was doing a search of stats of Steels to see where a current spawn ranked.