Addind Asteroid Resources...

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

TariQari
Novice Crafter

Addind Asteroid Resources...

Post by TariQari » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:59 am

Hey,

I was just wondering how do you add asteroid resources. If you mine em in the Tat system, would you just put planet Tatooine? I tried adding some but it just takes me to a page that says I can go back to "Add Resources"...not really clear on whether it went through or not.

Also, are there any plans to update the list to have space systems?

Thanks,

TQ

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Addind Asteroid Resources...

Post by Savacc » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:54 am

Asteroids do not need updating like other resources. Asteroids always spawn in the same place and always have the same stats. So once an asteroid list is posted we should just lock it to keep anyone from changing it. Im off to look to see what we have listed for asteroids.

OK they are not listed under "current resources" or on the "resource tree", "find resources" will find them for you, but not tell you the system they are in. Perhaps Sobuno hid them somewhere I cant find them (wouldnt be the first time :wink: ) Until Sobuno enlightens us, Ill put an asteroid location list in the Shipwright forum and sticky it.

TariQari
Novice Crafter

Post by TariQari » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:47 am

But wait a second, for example. All the asteroids in this once system were dishing out only a 500 OQ asteroid. I know that this sometimes changes to 1000 OQ, since there are only 2 different OQs. So is it only certain asteroids/systems that drop an OQ of 500? Or do they change systematicly like I thought?

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:46 am

Nope sorry, asteroids only have one stat OQ, and its either 500 or 1000, but it never changes. Now a system may have an asteroid that is OQ 500 and another that is OQ 1000, but again they never change. Ill edit my list to add the OQ.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:22 am

Their categories are present in the resource tree if you choose All Planets and Full.

That being said, they're actually selectable from the list on the add resources page, which is not intended (EDIT: And hasn been fixed now, the resource info pages still lists them as being able to spawn on all planets though)

-Sobuno

TariQari
Novice Crafter

Post by TariQari » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:59 pm

Ah I see. So is it possible someone could make a list with wps to the asteroids that do have the 1000 OQ?

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:24 pm

PoI's for all asteroids can be found on the starmaps.
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:00 pm

TariQari wrote:Ah I see. So is it possible someone could make a list with wps to the asteroids that do have the 1000 OQ?
Here is the post I made in the Shipwright Forum

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... f=16&t=721

Holden
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Holden » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:06 pm

TariQari wrote:Ah I see. So is it possible someone could make a list with wps to the asteroids that do have the 1000 OQ?
It varies by type, not location. You'll never see the same type of asteroid have two different OQs.

TariQari
Novice Crafter

Post by TariQari » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:41 pm

Savacc wrote:
Here is the post I made in the Shipwright Forum

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... f=16&t=721
AH HA! That clears everything up, thank you! For some reason I thought all asteroids varied between 500 and 1000 OQ, depending at the time you mined it. Thanks for clearing this up :D