Resources & their usage for apps

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:32 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Sobuno wrote:
Zimoon wrote:BTW, the schematic XML file,
which format does it have?
does it conform to the old schematics XML file I pottered with at the old SWGCraft.com? Or do you use some other format?

/Z
Well, I think it is your schematics file that we have 0_o
Ooops, then it is old and not updated in a while. It is in my backlog but there will be some time until I get it done.

What I would want to see happen is a way for trusted members of this site to be able to add/edit schematics in some web UI. Probably we need to backup as well log changes to be able to restore evil edits.

A Remove is not necessary, but a way to say "obsolete" for old schematics. Could be cool to have them for nostalgic reasons ;)

Once that is done, a cron job that once a day creates a new XML. I need to potter a bit with the old layout since now there are less crafting professions and a lot of schematics are shared over the borders. The old style did not count for that change. How urgent is this layout overhaul?

/Zimoon
Schematics are shared across professions now? Boy, I've been gone for a long time!

Anyhow, the system you mention of editing/adding schematics was one I worked on before all the mess with the synchronization so I sort of put it in the back of my queue (And it still is back there somewhere)...

Anyhow, we don't use the data from the schematics (Our backend is mySQL everywhere) so I guess it isn't that urgent

Oh, and btw, you should (Seeing that you are a moderator) have the ability to edit schematics (Well, resources and components at least)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:15 pm

Sobuno wrote:Schematics are shared across professions now? Boy, I've been gone for a long time!

Anyhow, the system you mention of editing/adding schematics was one I worked on before all the mess with the synchronization so I sort of put it in the back of my queue (And it still is back there somewhere)...

Anyhow, we don't use the data from the schematics (Our backend is mySQL everywhere) so I guess it isn't that urgent

Oh, and btw, you should (Seeing that you are a moderator) have the ability to edit schematics (Well, resources and components at least)
:P

Yeah, the schematics are that old that they were not shared upon the time.

The other way around, I know you use a database. So, then it is rather up to ... me ... to come up with a plain and neutral design for the XML layout, right? It was rather that I asked about, but seeing ... -- what is it I see? -- well, I go potter with that within the following week or so, and we/you? implement a way to produce the export file 8)

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:30 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Sobuno wrote:Schematics are shared across professions now? Boy, I've been gone for a long time!

:P

Yeah, the schematics are that old that they were not shared upon the time.

The other way around, I know you use a database. So, then it is rather up to ... me ... to come up with a plain and neutral design for the XML layout, right? It was rather that I asked about, but seeing ... -- what is it I see? -- well, I go potter with that within the following week or so, and we/you? implement a way to produce the export file 8)

/Z
Shouldn't take along time to make the way to produce it seeing that we're already exporting current resources, planet and server listings aswell as the resource tree :P

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:03 pm

Zimoon wrote:... So, then it is rather up to ... me ... to come up with a plain and neutral design for the XML layout, right? It was rather that I asked about, but seeing ... -- what is it I see? -- well, I go potter with that within the following week or so, and we/you? implement a way to produce the export file
I have had a long look at the old layout for the XML schematics file and given it quite a thought. What I in the end came up to is this:
  • There is no need to change the layout overly much
  • Split out the professions information from the SWGSchematics XML file completely
  • The SWGSchematics XML file will only contain schematics and their data in a long list, optionally sorted on their names
  • Introduce a SWGProfessions XML file that lists the schematics used each profession by itself
  • The new SWGProfessions XML file may also contain other information such as abilities, skills, etc
The next post will contain the proposed SWGSchematics layout.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:03 pm

Example

The forum did not allow me to upload this as code, that why the images.

/Z
Last edited by Zimoon on Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:04 pm

First attempt. Comments are welcomed.

Are there more details that may be added, optionally or not?

Are there details that are superfluous, from any viewpoint, not just crafting?

/Z