BEST resources

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

BEST resources

Post by Rackle » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:52 pm

I know the hard core crafters probably already know "the best". Could there be a spot somewhere in the resource area of the best stuff to ever spawn? I know "the best" is relative to what your crafting, so the list wouldn't have one best...but the top however many best for different stats or stat combinations.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:19 pm

You would use "Find Resources" to search the data base to "find" the best resources. Unfortunatly, that feature is not ready yet on this site. You can use it on the old site however.
Couple of tips. By default it searches by "experimental Percentage", instead search by "minimum values". This allows you to enter, say, 900 OQ as a min value and it will return every resource with 900 OQ or better. Also there are up and down triangles in the stat headings (OQ), click on those to get assending or decending searches. By default the listings are alphabetical rather then best to last.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:00 pm

Well, this isn't completely what you're looking for, but anyway:

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/resource_info.php?res=

It says the resource with the highest average ever spawned of that type on the server that you've selected as favourite

Volntyr
Novice Crafter

Post by Volntyr » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:22 am

I went ahead and looked at this and thought its really cool but then noticed something. When I looked up a known resource on Bria for Polysteel Copper, it gave a completely different name for the best resource. The resource it gave is not anywhere close to being the best. Even the stats for the given resource are not anywhere close to the actual stats.

I guess its something to look at later.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:11 am

Volntyr wrote:I went ahead and looked at this and thought its really cool but then noticed something. When I looked up a known resource on Bria for Polysteel Copper, it gave a completely different name for the best resource. The resource it gave is not anywhere close to being the best. Even the stats for the given resource are not anywhere close to the actual stats.

Hmmm, it just takes the resource with the highest sum. Isn't that the resource you're seeing?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:44 am

Just a shortie, when browsing the databases one should be aware that if no user have reported the stat to the database it won't be read there. The ultimate tool to find the ever-best-until-today is the 30k Veteran Reward Crate which you can browse for any resource that has ever been at your galaxy. Tedious? Oh yeah :P

Do not pop that crate but use it as a stat sampler. That will help you a lot when you continue your effort to submit a number of resources to the database regularly.

/Zimoon

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:12 am

Sobuno wrote:
Volntyr wrote:I went ahead and looked at this and thought its really cool but then noticed something. When I looked up a known resource on Bria for Polysteel Copper, it gave a completely different name for the best resource. The resource it gave is not anywhere close to being the best. Even the stats for the given resource are not anywhere close to the actual stats.

Hmmm, it just takes the resource with the highest sum. Isn't that the resource you're seeing?
If it's pulling for the highest average, then it will miss the server best everytime. Server best is determined by the best average on the stats for specific schematics. I think that's what the OP was looking for.