Question re: SWGCU

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Ryokincaid
Novice Crafter

Question re: SWGCU

Post by Ryokincaid » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:32 am

Ok, I have a quick question.

Let's say we have a new spawn of Carbonite Steel on Corellia, Naboo, and Yavin 4.

When I process Corellia, it asks me for the new stats and I enter them. Does SWGCU also mark it as available on Naboo and Yavin 4, or do I have to do that manually?

Note: Assuming /mailsave and having SWGCU parse the files directly, not using copy/paste
Unity Hold Engineering
City of Unity's Hold
Naboo
Wanderhome

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:18 am

You must do that manually, there is no indication for SWGCU that the resource is available at any other planet than the one currently processed.

Ryokincaid
Novice Crafter

Post by Ryokincaid » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:22 pm

So when it processes naboo and yavin 4, it won't do it because to SWGCU it's not a new resource anymore?

I usually send out Mineral, Chem, Flora, and Water ISD's to all the planets. I do a /mailsave and let SWGCU parse the files. A situation like the above happened, although it was Cubirian Steel, I believe.

I noticed it marked it available on Corellia, but not as a new spawn on any other planet after I was finished, although I know for a fact it spawned on Naboo as well.

Am I using the program incorrectly? Or if this is how it's supposed to work, it seems that it would be great for planet specific resources like floras, but not so great for galaxy-wide spawns like gasses or minerals.
Unity Hold Engineering
City of Unity's Hold
Naboo
Wanderhome

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:50 pm

It was a while since I tried that tool, but I believe as long as the resource is not at SWGCraft.com for that planet it will update the planet it is parsing the report for. BUt I am not its developer and I am not sure what it does. I believe you have to check it out.

I never found that particular utility that great, Yes, it is good but me personally did not like it. Let's say I found it not slick and a tad awkward. But that is me. I used a script I had developed myself that also parsed mails, compared with SWGcraft.com export, wrote to the in-game notepad file. Others found that clumsy so I never advocated much for it and now it is too old and rusty :)

Whatever, hope you'll work it out somehow.
Note that known resources you only need to enter their names for, many names in a row is possible, to manually mark them as available at other planets, one planet at a time.

Ryokincaid
Novice Crafter

Post by Ryokincaid » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:45 am

After a long talk with Belisama on Wanderhome -- great lass, very helpful -- I think I found what it was that I was doing wrong.

She did a complete update of Wanderhome today, so I'll give it a go in a few days and verify.
Unity Hold Engineering
City of Unity's Hold
Naboo
Wanderhome

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:29 am

Sounds great, wish I had more experience with the tool to be helpful :)
/Z