How time-since-discovered is displayed

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Taala
Novice Crafter

How time-since-discovered is displayed

Post by Taala » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:53 am

I'd like to suggest that the time since a resource was discovered on a given planet be displayed in days (or hours if less than 1 day) -- and not in weeks. Many resources appear to last 8 days plus or minus a bit, and some last up to 20 days (or possibly more, though I've never personally seen that). The number of days since discovery provides more information that "1 week" (I am assuming that "1 week" means more than 7 days and less than 14 days).

Great job on the site, everyone -- and thanks for putting in the time and effort to do this :))

Cheers,
Taala Suun/Vahla Suun Bria

Milla
Apprentice Crafter

Re: How time-since-discovered is displayed

Post by Milla » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:24 am

Taala wrote:I'd like to suggest that the time since a resource was discovered on a given planet be displayed in days (or hours if less than 1 day) -- and not in weeks. Many resources appear to last 8 days plus or minus a bit, and some last up to 20 days (or possibly more, though I've never personally seen that). The number of days since discovery provides more information that "1 week" (I am assuming that "1 week" means more than 7 days and less than 14 days).

Great job on the site, everyone -- and thanks for putting in the time and effort to do this :))

Cheers,
Taala Suun/Vahla Suun Bria
I concur, the old "available for X day(s)" is more informative, I also recommend changing it back to the way it is used on swgcraft.com.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:37 am

I fully agree, use days all over, unless less than 24 hours.

The life span of resources is 6 - 21 days. Statistically the lot is 6 - 11 days. That implies for days rather than anything else.

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:25 pm

Your wish is my command (In this case :P)

Resource listings will now show in days untill they are a 100 years old... At that time, they will be listed in centuries :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:22 pm

Sobuno wrote:Your wish is my command (In this case :P)

Resource listings will now show in days untill they are a 100 years old... At that time, they will be listed in centuries :D
You are great dude.

Having pondered over this all afternoon I realize that we perhaps could present then time in the time used at the planets respectively. But, perhaps that will go for my X-mas wish-list, the one I never see realized :lol:

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:39 pm

Zimoon wrote: Having pondered over this all afternoon I realize that we perhaps could present then time in the time used at the planets respectively. But, perhaps that will go for my X-mas wish-list, the one I never see realized :lol:

/Z
Sorry, you got to explain that a bit more :P (Or perhaps I am just too tired)

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:34 pm

I thought you had a feature that tagged resources over a certain number of days as "unavailable". Theoretically, that number should be 22 days. However, SWG counts "days" as "days server is up" while Im sure here, "days" are counted as actual days.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:38 pm

Savacc wrote:

I thought you had a feature that tagged resources over a certain number of days as "unavailable". Theoretically, that number should be 22 days. However, SWG counts "days" as "days server is up" while Im sure here, "days" are counted as actual days.
We do have that feature, it is just for the 'Find Resources' page (Whenever we get that done) which lists all the unavailable resources too

The certain number of days is 30 or 31, can't remember (But it is working :))