Problem with "Find Resources"?

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Problem with "Find Resources"?

Post by Onyx » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:55 pm

So I went to do a search a little bit ago, wanting to catch the best of both flora food and meat with an FL/PE/OQ combo so I chose "organic".

However when I do the search, it returns structural resources as well--not a huge deal BUT the experimental average is calculating for only OQ on the structural.

http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/find_resour ... rating&o=1

Technically it should provide the average based on the percentage of OQ (in this case 50%) rather than ignoring the missing stats. Reason being that there are instances where that is indeed the case and it's possible to use all resources which are missing a stat hence reducing the outcome of the crafted item.

I'm guessing I've just never ran a search like this and so I never noticed it. Usually when searching for a resource that doesn't have all the required stats I'll simply put in 100% or whatever for that stat.

Obviously I know enough to ignore the resources which won't work for my purpose, but wouldn't it be better to provide the results based on all the required criteria?
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Problem with "Find Resources"?

Post by Savacc » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:46 pm

Well, isnt it only in Chef where it is possible to use all resources and not satisfy the schematics requirements?

When I was a Shipwright I would want the search for Inert Petrochemical to choose a lube oil with only high OQ rather then a polymer, because only rarely will the polymer actually be a better to use then a lube oil.

I suppose bottom line you have to know your profession and be smarter then the tools you use sometimes :mrgreen:

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Re: Problem with "Find Resources"?

Post by Onyx » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:07 am

Savacc wrote:Well, isnt it only in Chef where it is possible to use all resources and not satisfy the schematics requirements?

When I was a Shipwright I would want the search for Inert Petrochemical to choose a lube oil with only high OQ rather then a polymer, because only rarely will the polymer actually be a better to use then a lube oil.

I suppose bottom line you have to know your profession and be smarter then the tools you use sometimes :mrgreen:
LOL!!!

But yea, chef is the profession where that issue is most seen. I'm pretty sure there's a few other schematics out there where it's possible but they are few and far between.

I just was a bit surprised to see it function that way.

I can certainly see a use for it, as in your example, and in a perfect world an option to choose which method would be most ideal. Of course this isn't a perfect world and so I'll just satisfy myself with the knowledge that I am smarter than the tool . . . at least sometimes :P
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator