Depleting resources with the text input box.

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Alexoin
Novice Crafter

Depleting resources with the text input box.

Post by Alexoin » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Is there a way of marking a resource as depleted using the text input box on the Current Resources page?
At the moment when I've done my surveys I have a list of both new spawns and depleted resources. I can multiple add the resources fine, but wondering if there is a way of multiple depleting the spawns without having to find the resource in the list of current resources?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Depleting resources with the text input box.

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Start using SWGAide » Resources and right click depleted resources at the table and select "mark depleted" and it sends such a message to this site.

If you have a longer list you should use the SWGAide » Resources » Submit and in-game you use a notes file named "rem.txt" which is loaded into SWGAide and submitted. See help text at that window for info. But in short, add one line per resource such as:
depl, Somename
depl, anothername

Capitalization is not important but name must be 100% correctly spelled.

Or better, learn how to use ISDroids.

Alexoin
Novice Crafter

Post by Alexoin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Zimoon wrote:Start using SWGAide » Resources and right click depleted resources at the table and select "mark depleted" and it sends such a message to this site.

If you have a longer list you should use the SWGAide » Resources » Submit and in-game you use a notes file named "rem.txt" which is loaded into SWGAide and submitted. See help text at that window for info. But in short, add one line per resource such as:
depl, Somename
depl, anothername

Capitalization is not important but name must be 100% correctly spelled.

Or better, learn how to use ISDroids.
Only thing is I'd still have to go and sample the resource for the stats, so don't really see the droids being that useful.

As for the rem file, I'm copying the changes from my min file to it (new and depleted resources) then submitting that :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:25 pm

Alexoin wrote:...Only thing is I'd still have to go and sample the resource for the stats, so don't really see the droids being that useful.

As for the rem file, I'm copying the changes from my min file to it (new and depleted resources) then submitting that :)
This is why you should not pop the veteran reward, the 30k resource crate but you sit comfortably viewing the beauty outside your workshop, rocking your chair, browsing this awesome for the stats and update the res or rem files ;)

Updating creatures works the same, but I have to browse every resource class older than 6 days andvread if it is replaced or not. Takes about 12 minutes a day, longer if I start chatting :lol: