expired resources

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

expired resources

Post by Nautillus » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:00 am

Ok I've seen mention of people adding despawned resources. Is there a list of de-spawned resources similar to the current resources? Would help immensly in using a Free resource crate to find that missing resource.
Icthys Max, Shipwright - Starsider
Nautillus, Weaponsmith - Starsider
Mannaray, Droids - Bloodfin
Willum Hammersmith, Structures - Chimaera
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Sobuno
Developer

Re: expired resources

Post by Sobuno » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:49 am

Find Resources is the only way to find old resources as far as I remember. Seeing as real servers have from about 20.000 to 70.000 resources, generating a page similar to Current Resources would take quite some time :) So Find Resources is probably your best bet.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:45 pm

May I throw in that unless it is a resource that is great for one reason or another it does not really matter much if it is missing. I am not sure but I believe such as server-best Jedi resources are added long ago, people have walked through the 30k-crate from top to bottom to find out.

That said, I am not against completeness, but I am also pragmatic and would not walk out of may way to add lousy stuff.

Sobuno, what could be done is perhaps to add a link to generate a simple text page (mitigate screen scraping somewhat) that just reads the names of resources for a specified resource class that is spawnable. Make it sorted alphabetically. With a list of names it would be easier to walk through the crate and find those that are not listed.

/Zimoon

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Post by Nautillus » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:57 am

I guess my question would be "Where do the expired resources go in the swgcraft database?"

Do they purge or get appended to an ongoing database. If there is an ongoing database, could we get something like the swgaid guards and filters to limit a search.

For example if I wanna find a server best (I know there will be gaps due to humans not filling in resources) Link Steel using only the Oq and Cd of 95% or greater. Or OQ%/CD% avg out to 96%.

Just throwing ideas against the wall.

Nautillus
Icthys Max, Shipwright - Starsider
Nautillus, Weaponsmith - Starsider
Mannaray, Droids - Bloodfin
Willum Hammersmith, Structures - Chimaera
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:43 am

The difference between a current resource and an expired resource in the database is a flag (named Available) set to 1 or 0 respectively.

Third Party Utilities only have access to the current resources (Through the Data Export files) as a list. The search functionality provided to Third Party Utilities is quite basic, in that it is only a name-based search (Like using the Find Resources page without using any of the fields except Names).

But does the Find Resources page not offer what you are looking for? Using Experimental Percentages and a weighting of 50/50 CD/OQ (Consider Caps checked), these results are returned for Link-Steel for Bloodfin: http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/find_resour ... rating&o=1

Granted, this does not only return results with OQ and CD above a certain percentage, but the resources are sorted based on the weighting given, so there's really no need to filter out results below a certain value (but if you want to do so, you can use the Minimum Values option to set absolute minimum values. The results won't be sorted then though)