Suggestion, Resource Info Upload

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Mutt-Li
Novice Crafter

Suggestion, Resource Info Upload

Post by Mutt-Li » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:01 pm

I use a basic OCR program to read the Resource Information into Text files (containing the text that shows when you examine the resources)
It would be really handy to be able to upload these files directly to SWGcraft, rather than type it in

even a place where i can copy and past the file contents would be good

This would provide accurate information, no chance of typos and spelling errors

as an option it could also handle multiple resources in a single file since the first relevant information in the files is "Resource Type:"

Mutt-Li

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Suggestion, Resource Info Upload

Post by Zimoon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Hi there and welcome around :)

1) First, are you talking about current resources that are spawning in the worlds?
2) Or old resources that you read for example in the 30 vet reward crate?

There are some options, yes. However...

For the first question, have you had a try with Interplanetary Survey Droids + SWGAide? Even if you still have to type only the stats from the 30 k deed it is a quite smooth process. For Creature resources and SWGAide it is a bit more work though, but if it is easier to type the resource name and stats versus ORC-ing the same and verify its correctness, I do not know.

For the second question this suddenly becomes more interesting. Of course it is not different that Creature+SWGAide but it must be for "old resources". I am interested in somehow adding this to SWGAide, we just need to find a strategy.

Meanwhile, did you have a look at the "udate SWGCraft" guide in this forum board? It reads the different ways to submit to SWGCraft, there are a few, SWGAide is probably the easiest no matter what but also different web pages, whereof one is for old resources.

Cheers
Zimoon

Mutt-Li
Novice Crafter

Post by Mutt-Li » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:05 pm

This Idea is for New Resources not old ones

I now have SWGAide, and can paste into it for submiting data , however it seems the data dosnt register for a short while
and when it does it still isnt in the exported data for another few minutes , is this normal ?

note on ocr program, It is very sensitive and very accurate, it uses a bitmap mask for each charactor, that must be 100% correct for recognition, so the results are 100% accurate

I'll upload the ocr Prog to my Website later today, and post a link

Mutt-Li
Novice Crafter

Post by Mutt-Li » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:24 pm

Its uploaded now,
SWGResourceSnap (ocr prog and docs) can be downloaded from ftp://loonyland.dnserver.net.nz:5000/SW ... ceSnap.zip

basic instructions are in the zip file
any other questions can be asked here
of post a mail to Mutt-Li on Flurry or Ewe-Loon on Sunrunner Use "SWGResourceSnap" as subject line

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Have a look at the SOAP actions (http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/soap/server.php) if you want to add the ability to add resources directly to SWGCraft from within your program (And if you do, please send along the optional ProgramInfo in your calls as it allows us to better debug anything going wrong)

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Attoy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:22 pm

Mutt-Li wrote:SWGResourceSnap (ocr prog and docs) can be downloaded from ftp://loonyland.dnserver.net.nz:5000/SW ... ceSnap.zip
I tried to download but I'm unable to log in anonymously on the ftp server. I tried with Firefox, IE and with a ftp-client as FlashFXP.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:55 pm

I am able to download it both through Firefox, Chrome and Filezilla (Remember to set it to port 5000)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Sorry I have been absent a few days, too much to do IRL plus final pieces on SWGAide.

I will definitely have a look and see if I can suggest a way to integrate the two.

I have not yet downloaded and looked but I assume you use ISDroids to know what is new, right? Then an integration is definitely interesting. I will be back :)

Mutt-Li
Novice Crafter

Post by Mutt-Li » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:21 am

Hi, I mentioned in another post, I do not use ISDroids

I am looking into using soap , I have no experience with soap (except in the shower) so it will be a while till I can get it send stuff by itself, Im also writing it in delphi, which wont make it easy to get help