Cannot add new resource

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Blas
Novice Crafter

Cannot add new resource

Post by Blas » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Hello,

I was trying to add resource: ABOIT - Mustafarian Berry Fruit (Bloodfin), but it states there was Bristley Hide with that name from the year 2007. I was not playing at that time and have no way of entering this new fruit. The stats are worthless at 573 162 308 38, but it would be nice for others to see so they do not waste their time trying to find it.

thanks.

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Cannot add new resource

Post by Zbignew » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:45 pm

A tip of the hat and a hearty welcome for your 1st post.
I would suggest looking up the "Aboit" Talusian scaley hide in your 30k resource deed and see if it was mis-splelled when entered (over 3 years ago). You can then correct that error prior to entering your new resource. If it is a dupe, it the first I've heard of.

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:10 pm

Welcome to the forums Blas, thanks for pointing this out. :D

As Zbignew has pointed out, most likely the resource from 2007 was misspelled when it was submitted to our database. So if you, or someone else from Bloodfin, could verify the correct spelling for us, someone here with admin can make the correction. One of you could add the correct, differently spelled, Scaly Hide resource, but someone at the site will need to delete the incorrect entry.

Blas
Novice Crafter

Post by Blas » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:49 pm

Thank you both for the warm welcome to these forums and the information you've provided. I'm afraid to say it, but I played around with that 30k resource deed and it confused the heck out of me :D. Perhaps someone else with more understanding will be able to sort it out. Its definitely not a worthwhile resource, so I suppose at the same time it wouldn't really hurt anything by leaving it as is either.

/cheers

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:57 am

I dont play on Bloodfin, and dont have a 30k resource kit there, so I cant do it myself.

I found a Tulsian Bristley Hide named "Aboit" in our database for Bloodfin. Unfortunately, there is no similarly spelled Tulsian Bristley Hide, nor one with identical stats.

To use your 30k Resource Kit to check this for us, open it up, click:
Organic > Creature Resources > Creature Structural > Hide > Bristley > Tulusian.

You will now have a list of resource names and stats, arranged from first spawned to last spawned. So a resource from 2007 is going to be from halfway to three quarters of the way down the list. Look for a name similar to "Aboit", or one with stats of:
637 DR, 468 MA, 288 OQ, 646 SR and 668 UT.
Write the correct name down and stats. Click on "Esc" to back out of the 30k Resource kit, or close the dialogue box without choosing a resource. If you accidentally click on a resource and hit "Enter", you still have a confirmation box to say No in (unless you really want 30k of that resource).

Then come here to SWGCraft and submit the correct resource, checking the box at the bottom for submitting an "Old Resource".

I am going to go ahead and delete the Tulsian Bristley Hide Resource called "Aboit" right now, trusting you to make the correction. This will also allow you to enter "Aboit" as a Mustafarian Berry Fruit. :D

Blas
Novice Crafter

Post by Blas » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:47 pm

The mystery has been solved! The 2007 resource was called Aboti. I'll upload into the 'old resources'. Thanks again for help.