Enhancement request: List resource names by class

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Enhancement request: List resource names by class

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:55 pm

While looking at the squash-duplicates I thought ... "what about 'filling the holes' in the DB?"

I know it would take quite some effort. I understand it may never happen ... at some servers. I realize it takes one, or better two, super-nerds to make it happen. Nevertheless...

A start could be a galaxy specific page with a resource class (RC) selector; only classes that can spawn in the worlds are interesting*. Select a resource-class and next page displays a page with a table of caps for the resources class (coming to the reason) AND an alphabetically sorted list of names in DB for the RC, but no stats, just the name.

The list of names could indeed be split in columns because it is important that it is quickly and easily looked through.

At the bottom is a text input field for "old resources" which just requires name and stats, any delimiter, not a web form. We know RC so skip it, the entry is old so skip planets. Stats not rquired. PLUS a check-box "crap".

The reminder about stats is just so the player can compare stats with caps and decide if she wants to add stats or rather tick "crap". This way at least the name is added, also for crap stuff.

In game the user opens the 30k deed at the selected RC. Now it would be handy with two nerds, one reads the 30k deed loud and the other scans the web page and if not found the two add data for the new old resource, with or w/o stats. Quick scanning is a must, hence resources presented in columns.

Greeting

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Enhancement request: List resource names by class

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Quicker scanning than two columns: CTRL+F

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:17 pm

Sobuno wrote:Quicker scanning than two columns: CTRL+F
Frefox has "search when you start typing" :D

Still a sorted list of just names is way quicker to eye-scan than any typing. Certainly if you are doing this alone and perhaps have your hands tied up :)

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:11 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Sobuno wrote:Quicker scanning than two columns: CTRL+F
Frefox has "search when you start typing" :D

Still a sorted list of just names is way quicker to eye-scan than any typing. Certainly if you are doing this alone and perhaps have your hands tied up :)

/Zimoon
It's not enabled by default though ;) Also, I never enabled it, I don't really use search that often.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:15 am

Whatever, I'd consider this suggestion low-priority.
There are other stuff of higher importance.
The nerds need to be there.

Just wanted to document it for future interest :)

/Zimoon