Dates at the resources table

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Dates at the resources table

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 21, 2010 6:36 pm

I might be mistaken but I think the spawn/deplete dates for older resources were displayed. Were they not?

If they were, then they are gone, example http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/show_resource.php?id=637467

Otherwise bear with me 8)

PS: I am looking into the outside-caps for some Musty resources and am interested in the time frame and how many they might be, then no dates is kind of ... frustrating. Ooh, I found that link from the Find resources, if that matters. Maybe I was just unlucky at that one :?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Dates at the resources table

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 21, 2010 6:44 pm

Sorry, I should have checked that first.

There seems to be a magic limit at http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/show_resource.php?id=684855 which is without dates and possibly all resources older than that one and possibly all resources thereafter have dates :lol:

OK, if that is true then Musty resources have spawned outside caps not only a short period but possibly up to some date when caps was put down on them. Could that be the case. If so, could we find out when this might have happened?

I cannot seem to find any written indications on the caps for Mustafar that have ever been different than those we have now. But why is then some reports as late as in 2009, now I am confused and must find myself a beer to focus my mind :roll:

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Zimoon wrote:Sorry, I should have checked that first.

There seems to be a magic limit at http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/show_resource.php?id=684855 which is without dates and possibly all resources older than that one and possibly all resources thereafter have dates
This assumption seems too rash, now I find several Musty Aluminums that are younger than id=684855 but without dates :(

But there really are Mustafarian resources outside caps. The few and rare other classes seem to be just typos.

Back to my think-tank --- where are the beer now again :mrgreen:

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:01 am

The old resources not having a date associated is due to the fact that we wanted to get the resources from the old SWGCraft imported as fast as possible. It was decided that the dates were not as important as the stats and they were thus skipped.

There was also an accident on the 3rd of July 2007 involving me, a dataminer and a database which caused almost 38.000 resources to be set to spawning that date instead of a date in the past. This was probably also before we started taking regular backups, so there is probably no way to fix it.

As for newer resources missing dates, it is generally caused by various bugs involving the Remove ability that moderators and the submitter have. All bugs should be gone at the moment though.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:03 am

Yeah, I figured it had something with the transition from .com to do, thanks for the input on the irregularity I stumbled on :)

/Zimoon