Ressource Filter

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Ressource Filter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:33 am

Hello!
When you add Ressource Filters or Find Ressources, add something I always missed in the original Swgcraft:

Allow a search for combined values.

For example:
If you need Steel with OQ 50% and CD 50%. Then you could only add a filter like "OQ > 900". But what is important is the overall value.

So, it would be nice to enter the % for the stats and a overall value which is the weighted sum of those values.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:21 pm

you could do that in the old swgcraft. If the steel in question had a CD of 500 and an OQ of 900, the find resource would return a value of 1400 for that resource. I suppose what you are asking for find resource to return an experimental percentage, like your crafting tool does. Problem with that is when schematics take resource caps into consideration. Your example of steel with CD is a perfect case. CD on steel is capped at 650 (for durrally, the steel with the best CD, other then jtl steels) Most schematics asking for a steel with CD treat CD 650 (or jtl steels higher then 650) as if it were 1000 CD.

I know what I just wrote, and I know many other long time crafters understand what I just wrote, but Im sure those new to crafting have no clue what Im talking about. :roll:

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:28 pm

Ok, maybe the steel isnt the best example. Maybe this is better:
I have a copper with QO 800 and CD 800. Both are 50% in the shematic. So, I search for a copper with (OQ*0,5+CD*0,5) > 800. If I add that in swgcraft with OQ> 800 and CD > 800 it won't find a copper with OQ 900 and CD 750, even the total value is 825.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:56 pm

Tharek Tolemac wrote:Ok, maybe the steel isnt the best example. Maybe this is better:
I have a copper with QO 800 and CD 800. Both are 50% in the shematic. So, I search for a copper with (OQ*0,5+CD*0,5) > 800. If I add that in swgcraft with OQ> 800 and CD > 800 it won't find a copper with OQ 900 and CD 750, even the total value is 825.
What if you enter...
  • * Copper
    * Experimental Values
    * CD = 50
    * OQ = 50
    * Click Find Resource
    * Click the tiny sort arrow (pointing down) next to Rating in the next screen
...?

I am pretty sure you will get what you ask for, listed from top towards worst.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:58 pm

But I can agree that the default sort order should be the intuitive order, not alphabetical.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:00 pm

I am so wrong about the way find resources works.
Ignore me and do what Z says, he is the one who knows what he is talking about. :oops:

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:20 am

Zimoon wrote:
Tharek Tolemac wrote:Ok, maybe the steel isnt the best example. Maybe this is better:
What if you enter...
  • * Copper
    * Experimental Values
    * CD = 50
    * OQ = 50
    * Click Find Resource
    * Click the tiny sort arrow (pointing down) next to Rating in the next screen
...?

I am pretty sure you will get what you ask for, listed from top towards worst.
You are right, that would do the job. But I don't want to do that every day with 35 types of ressources I am looking for just to find out that there isnt anyone fitting my needs. The filters with xx> 900 worked fine for single value ressources, but sadly, most are combined. So, as I suggested, the optimal would be to enter the experimental values like you said and also add an overall value which has to be passed with the combined percentages.

Oh, by the way, also not the best solution in the old swgcraft was the following:
When you add several filters, you had a list which the name, the settings and a "change" and "delete" button. But to find out if a current ressource fits one of your filters, you have to click them all. It would be a nice addition that the list shows some like "1 ressource found" behind the filters name, so you can overview the filter list much faster.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:18 pm

It seems as you are asking way more than what a humble web site usually provides. That said, if it is doable, go for it.

Have you checked out the MyRes tool? Some retards hacked and blow up his web page so it is most spartan these days :(

Whatever, that tools makes everything you ask for.

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:48 pm

No, can you give me a link?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:33 pm

I was really to tired the other night, I had the link copied, ready for paste, but ... :oops:

Whatever, here it is http://myres.wendano.de

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:35 pm

BTW, the tool is a tad unpolished. When you see it is "working", most often updating, DO NOT interact with it in any way, neither the GUI or shortcut commands. Most often you will face a crash :(

Besides that it is pretty stable and a great utility.

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:18 pm

Great thing! Thanks. But it is connected to the old swgcraft.

Does anyone know if and how you can connect it to the swgcraft projects database?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:02 pm

Assumed that this site has exactly the same format of the exported data, you are able to do all that in Options >> Settings.

However, schematics are downloaded from a totally different file and not from SWGCraft. That XML file is not updated after Chapter 5, for which I am to blame. Resource tree is also downloaded from a file separate from SWGCraft.com, which is updated quite recently.

Both are found at
EDITED: Files now found at http://simongronlund.googlepages.com/swgresourcefiles

Since this site pulls data from SWGCraft.com (not the other way around though) you should be able to get data from here with about 2 hours latency (max 1 hour at SWGCraft.com plus the time here until another export file is prepared, which turnaround time I do not know).

Have fun
Last edited by Zimoon on Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited URL

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:44 pm

Zimoon wrote:Since this site pulls data from SWGCraft.com (not the other way around though) you should be able to get data from here with about 2 hours latency (max 1 hour at SWGCraft.com plus the time here until another export file is prepared, which turnaround time I do not know).

Have fun
I don't think we've made an XML yet that contains latest resources (Or a CSV or whatever this program uses)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:59 pm

Sobuno wrote:I don't think we've made an XML yet that contains latest resources (Or a CSV or whatever this program uses)
Then there is only one answer left :P