Approximate maxiumum resource density?

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

BadgerSmaker
Novice Crafter

Approximate maxiumum resource density?

Post by BadgerSmaker » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Would it be possible to add an approximate maxiumum resource density for each resource, that way players that aren't familiar with the various rules for resource density can have easy access to this information and use it to ensure they can survey for the best spot possible.

Thanks in advance!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Approximate maxiumum resource density?

Post by Zimoon » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:48 pm

BadgerSmaker wrote:Would it be possible to add an approximate maxiumum resource density for each resource, that way players that aren't familiar with the various rules for resource density can have easy access to this information and use it to ensure they can survey for the best spot possible.

Thanks in advance!
You mean a condensed version of http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=70 section Resource Concentrations?

/Zimoon

BadgerSmaker
Novice Crafter

Post by BadgerSmaker » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:58 pm

Yes, I suppose just tag the maximum density onto the list of resources, if you think that would be useful.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:49 pm

I usually do not want to squeeze in too much information into a web page, it just becomes overloaded. Neither can I do it as I am no Dev here :)

What I could do is to extract the cream from Lunariel´s guide and post it and I guess the Devs can add a link to it from the Current Resources page.

/Zimoon

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Trixie9819 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:17 am

That thread was very helpful in some ways, but my problem is that I have no idea what resources are JTL. So being a bit more specific would be a great help. If there's somewhere that specifies a bit more closely what is JTL and what isn't, I'd be happy to try to match it all up with the information there, to make more of a checklist type of thing.

Or someone who knows more about it than me could do it, lol. Either way. I'd just like to look at 'Ditanium Steel' and cross reference 'Medium density' and translate that in my brain to '60% is a GREAT density for this, and 40% is normal'

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:29 am

Trixie9819 wrote:If there's somewhere that specifies a bit more closely what is JTL and what isn't, I'd be happy to try to match it all up with the information there, to make more of a checklist type of thing.
http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/resource_info.php?res=0

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:40 am

Yepp, the link, and JTL stands for Jump To Lightspeed, the space expansion that was added to SWG in the autumn of 2004 when some new resources were added to the game. None of them has capped stats so they can even surpass their parent resource classes' caps. They can spawn all the way up to 100% concentration. And they have an extended lifetime of 13 to 22 days randomly, way more than Inorganic.

/Zimoon