Old Resources...

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Old Resources...

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:56 am

When I reactivated an account last month I discovered a couple of old storage homes full of resources many of which are not in the database and was thinking of adding them but before I do I figured I should ask whether I have sort them or can I add them in a block and let the site sort out the ones that exist or don't exist in the system?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Old Resources...

Post by Zimoon » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:36 am

The http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/add_old_resources.php seems to only support one line at a time, which will take forever.

I believe you can use the block input at Current Resources for any planet and then walk over them all to mark them unavailable. The problem may be that Organic resource classes will also knock out currently spawning resources, as only one can be in spawn at a time and the logic assumes a new resource, so you have to resurrect the currently spawning Organic resources.

Unless you are in a hurry you could wait for SWGAide as it will have a feature to upload resources from notes-file. It will be at the same panel as manual submissions, which I am pottering with now, but have a special checkbox for "old" resources. ETA? Less than a month.

Another feature I was thinking of, but it will wait until schematics support is in place, is to have SWGAide browse inventory in the background and present a list of those that is not present at SWGCraft, or where the stats mismatch, and ask the player to look into that. Possibly we can get even more old resources, especially the old server-best, into the SWGCraft database. That would be fun :)

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:13 pm

Try out the note field at the current resources page with something like the following (Note the change in the first line):

Code: Select all

swgcraft_start_old
resourceA, classA, statA, statB, etc.
resourceB, classB, statA, statB, etc.
swgcraft_end

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:24 pm

Sobuno wrote:Try out the note field at the current resources page with something like the following (Note the change in the first line):

Code: Select all

swgcraft_start_old
resourceA, classA, statA, statB, etc.
resourceB, classB, statA, statB, etc.
swgcraft_end
Woohoo, that was neat :D
/Z