How do you price your resources?

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Dea
Novice Crafter

How do you price your resources?

Post by Dea » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:48 pm

I've tried to search for this, so just point me to the right place if this has been asked before.

My question is how do you determine a good price for resources? I've tried looking on the vendor search at the bazaar, but the costs vary widely. I think I am mostly unsure if what I have is valuable to anyone else. I do love my harvesters. LOL I have the most fun actually placing them, and getting resources. So I'd like to sell some of the stuff I find, but can't determine what is really needed by other professions, what the market or the demand might be for resources. Energy is pretty simple, but things like petrofuel or gemstone I'm at a loss with. But I do find high quality items of this stuff that I personally don't use.

Or do you just put it up and see what sells on your galaxy?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: How do you price your resources?

Post by Savacc » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:15 am

There is no hard guide, there are too many variables. Prices will vary from server to server, wether it is "needed" by many schematics, how rare it spawns, etc.
Some generalities:
  • Grind resources, those with no stats over 800, sell for 1-3 cpu
    Good resources, those with some stats over 900, sell for 5-7 cpu
    Great resources, those with some stats over 960, sell for 10+ cpu
    Server Best resources, those with best stats ever, start at 20 cpu and have no upper limit.

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:32 am

That really helps. Thanks so much! I'll learn as I go, but didn't know where to start exactly. :)

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:57 am

Whats grind and whats good its not easy to understand.
That's why i start making lists of what prof need (with stats). and then i made filters for the tool named "MyRes" with that i determine if its grind or great...
I heard that SWGAide start to have filters now as well ;)
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:20 pm

That sounds like a good idea. I haven't yet used the tools from this site yet. I'm still trying to get an idea about how the stats all work. But I should get familiar with them soon, in fact, tonight I'll make a point of getting started. I've gotten to level 78 by just playing around, and making what I need. Now I'd like to gain a better understanding about resources. Not just what I need, but as I said, what other professions need.

Once I get into the tools from here, I'll try not to ask too many dumb questions. :lol:

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:24 pm

Dea wrote:Once I get into the tools from here, I'll try not to ask too many dumb questions. :lol:
Believe me: Just the type of questions change. But after a while you start to be able to answer some questions from others. then you know that you grow up ;)

(i hope you can say it this way in english *g*)

Best
beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE