Question about recource resets

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Absynth
Novice Crafter

Question about recource resets

Post by Absynth » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:31 pm

If this question has already been answered in another forum topic i appologize for asking it again. I was wondering if anyone can tell me when servers update and reset their recources? I am on Bloodfin. Thank you for any help given. :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Question about recource resets

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:40 pm

Congrats to your first post here :)

You had cross posted so I deleted the identical question in another board and will reply to it here. Cross posting in considered bad habit in all forums ;)

Server updates and resource spawns are not sync'd in any way.

Regular servers update at Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 12.00 GMT.
European servers update at other times but I think it is the same days.

Resource spawning is described in the Beginners Guide for Traders in the General Crafting forum nearby. In that chapter you will also find links to Lunariel's extra extensive articles on resource spawning and concentrations, and caps respectively.

However, in short to reply your immediate question: resources spawn and despawn all the time, there are no fixed days or times.

Happy crafting

/Zimoon

Absynth
Novice Crafter

Post by Absynth » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:47 pm

Thank you very much Zimoon for the help with my question, and the advice with the forums :) This is my first time posting a question in a forum so i wasnt sure of the etiquette with it. :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:01 pm

Absynth wrote:Thank you very much Zimoon for the help with my question, and the advice with the forums :) This is my first time posting a question in a forum so i wasnt sure of the etiquette with it. :)
You are welcome and don't sweat it.

There are two rules I "police":
  1. Do not cross post. It possibly steals time from multiple players replying in parallel at different threads.
  2. Do not "necro" threads, that is, do not reply to old threads. Threads older than 3 to 4 weeks may very well contain lies or stale information, rumors, or things have changed. Others were heated topics that finally deserve being dead and buried.
Things such as cursing, bashing, etc., are never seen in this forum so I don't need to mention them right ;)

Feel most welcomed here, great to see new players here.

/Zimoon