Resource questions Please help me understand

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Endoric
Novice Crafter

Resource questions Please help me understand

Post by Endoric » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:48 pm

OK help me understand this

ok i understand the tree lets use steel as an example:

Inorganic-
Mineral-
Metal-
Ferrous-
Steel

here is my questions

1 are the below 7 types of steel the ONLY types of steel that will appear in the game?
2 are the stats for any steels given name static such as Carbtetraium which is a Thoranium Steel? will Carbtetraium ever have different stats then what it has now?
3 will different types of Thoranium Steel appear that never existed?
4 are there more than just one type of Thoranium Steel?

Akaieg Crystallized Bicorbantium Steel
Evito Hardened Arveshium Steel
Ogeki Quadranium Steel
Disavicop Kiirium Steel
Carbtetraium Thoranium Steel
Pucai Cubirian Steel
Keiha Quadranium Steel

please help me understand

i understand that around every week the locations of the resources changes, i understand that every once in a while a specific resource such as Carbtetraium may not appear again for a given time.

what am i missing?

thank you

Endoric

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Resource questions Please help me understand

Post by Sobuno » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:46 am

Endoric wrote:OK help me understand this

ok i understand the tree lets use steel as an example:

Inorganic-
Mineral-
Metal-
Ferrous-
Steel

here is my questions

1 are the below 7 types of steel the ONLY types of steel that will appear in the game?
No, these are all the types of steel: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/resource_info.php?res=161
2 are the stats for any steels given name static such as Carbtetraium which is a Thoranium Steel? will Carbtetraium ever have different stats then what it has now?
No, Carbtetraium's stats will continue to be the same forever.
3 will different types of Thoranium Steel appear that never existed?
I am not sure I quite understand this question, but Thoranium Steel with new names will eventually spawn at some point in time at your galaxy
Nope, only one type of Thoranium Steel, but lots of resources of that class on your server.. (I am presuming that is your server based on a search in the database for Carbtetraium)

Akaieg Crystallized Bicorbantium Steel
Evito Hardened Arveshium Steel
Ogeki Quadranium Steel
Disavicop Kiirium Steel
Carbtetraium Thoranium Steel
Pucai Cubirian Steel
Keiha Quadranium Steel

please help me understand

i understand that around every week the locations of the resources changes, i understand that every once in a while a specific resource such as Carbtetraium may not appear again for a given time.

Specific resources never reappear and the location of the high-percentage spots never change for that specific resource. For another specific resource, it might be in another location, yes.

what am i missing?

thank you

Endoric
Reddish

Note: Zimoon has a chapter dedicated to resources in his Beginners Guide For Traders. There's also a link section in the bottom of that chapter leading to some more in-detail threads dealing with specific elements of resources such as resource shifts and resource caps.

I hope what I said was understandable, otherwise feel free to ask again. Also, my knowledge of crafting comes from ancient times, so it might be off. But judging from posts on this very site, it should be correct.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:36 am

Sobuno wrote:
Endoric wrote: 3 will different types of Thoranium Steel appear that never existed?
I am not sure I quite understand this question, but Thoranium Steel with new names will eventually spawn at some point in time at your galaxy
Nope, only one type of Thoranium Steel, but [url=http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/find_resources.php?

Everytime a new Thoranium Steel (or any resource) spawns it is different then any previous spawn. It has a unique name and its stats will be different.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:19 am

Yeah, I guess mine was a bit badly worded with it being half past two at night and having to go to school today

Endoric
Novice Crafter

Post by Endoric » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:45 pm

ok just to confirm my understanding

If i find a 75% spot for a type of copper, the name of the copper will change but the spot will always be 75% for some type of copper just of different name and stats?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:53 pm

Endoric wrote:ok just to confirm my understanding

If i find a 75% spot for a type of copper, the name of the copper will change but the spot will always be 75% for some type of copper just of different name and stats?
Nope, the percentage will change too

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:28 am

Sobuno wrote:
Endoric wrote:ok just to confirm my understanding

Nope, the percentage will change too
Not only that, but it does not have to be another copper that spawns, it most certainly will not spawn on the exact same planets, nor in the same places on those planets.
Because of this, we are constantly moving our harvesters, chaseing down new resources. It is very, very rare to find that a new resource has spawned, that you want to mine, under your harvesters when an old resource, you were mining, disappears.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:31 pm

To put it in other words, but the above replies are all correct :)

The new resource's name is always unique and its stats remain forever, but it will never spawn again.

Its stats are all random.

Which planets it spawns on is all random (except for planetary resources such as Tatooinian Fiberplast).

The concentration hot spots are all distributed randomly (they are not static).

The concentration each hot spot is all random.

A lot of randomness here, yes! ;)
But that is what many crafters like and it keeps us on guard for yet another spawn of some uber resource, or to top off what we already have with something better. Some traders do only play "the miner" and specialize in certain resources or do general mining for sale.

More on crafting and resource in the Beginners Guide for Traders.

/Zimoon