Suggestions

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

xhara
Apprentice Crafter

Suggestions

Post by xhara » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:42 pm

Hello!

I noticed that if I click on a resource name, i.e. "Ikenoa" (it's a Link-Steel Aluminum on Reckoning), there is no way to easily see what schematics the resource is used in. My suggestion for this page is to make the resource type a link so it can be clicked and the user would be directed to the page that lists all the schematics that resource can be used in. For example, on this page, the title text would look like this: Ikenoa, Link-Steel Aluminum (SWG Reckoning).

Recent Resources page suggestion:
It would be a lot easier to tell which resources should peak our interest if the stats were colored according to how good they are with respect to stat caps--like they are pretty much everywhere else on the site :-) .

My last suggestion concerns the resources we add to the My Resources page:
When we view a schematic, i.e. Accarragm, it would be pretty useful if the resources listed under Best resources for <server> included relevant resources we have added to our My Resources list. I am not sure if it would need its own section or if there could be a symbol or verbiage added to any resource listed under the All resources portion that would indicate they appear in the My Resources list.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration :-)

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Suggestions

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:48 pm

xhara wrote:Hello!

I noticed that if I click on a resource name, i.e. "Ikenoa" (it's a Link-Steel Aluminum on Reckoning), there is no way to easily see what schematics the resource is used in. My suggestion for this page is to make the resource type a link so it can be clicked and the user would be directed to the page that lists all the schematics that resource can be used in. For example, on this page, the title text would look like this: Ikenoa, Link-Steel Aluminum (SWG Reckoning).
Done now :)
xhara wrote: Recent Resources page suggestion:
It would be a lot easier to tell which resources should peak our interest if the stats were colored according to how good they are with respect to stat caps--like they are pretty much everywhere else on the site :-) .
This page stems from the same functionality as the Find Resources feature if I remember correctly - Not sure when I will have the time to do any kind of coloring sadly.
xhara wrote: My last suggestion concerns the resources we add to the My Resources page:
When we view a schematic, i.e. Accarragm, it would be pretty useful if the resources listed under Best resources for <server> included relevant resources we have added to our My Resources list. I am not sure if it would need its own section or if there could be a symbol or verbiage added to any resource listed under the All resources portion that would indicate they appear in the My Resources list.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration :-)
I guess it wouldn't be Best resources for server, but something like "Best resources from inventory/stock/whatever name we can come up with". I like the suggestion though :)

xhara
Apprentice Crafter

Post by xhara » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Hey awesome! That was so fast haha, cheers!

xhara
Apprentice Crafter

Post by xhara » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:31 pm

I knew I forgot one of my thoughts yesterday. It would be so nice if only unique resources were allowed to be added to the My Resources list--currently we can add duplicates. :-)