missile questions

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Shipwright Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

missile questions

Post by TradeMaster » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:43 am

I have been going hard and heavy into Architect, and I am just now getting ready to venture into the shipwright side of things. From what I've read elsewhere, the bulk of a shipwright's sales will be in missiles, chaff and their launchers.

My questions are:

What level and type of missiles/chaff have you found sell well on your respective servers?

As for experimentation, what lines have you found are creating the most effective missiles/chaff?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:18 pm

I only make proton and spacebomb missile launchers and ammo. All types for the counters. I sell all 4 protons and both spacebombs. Proton IIIs are probably my biggest seller, but they all sell.
For experimantation, on the counters its Max effectiveness and Min effectiveness. For missiles its nearly the same, Max Dam then Min Dam.

dewardes
Novice Crafter

Post by dewardes » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:33 pm

- Spacebombs MkI would be a good seller for their kick and "low" pilot requirement, experimented on charges and then max/min dmg (Best dmg a non-ace pilot can get even if it has a very limited ammo count)
- Spacebombs MkII for the aces
- Imrecs MkII for those PvPers
- Protons MkIII and MkIV for PvPers as well
- Concussions for vette blowers (eventually)

Experimentation on Max/Min dmg or charges then Max/Min

As for chaffs ... Well, regular chaffs and nothing else, all experimented on charges and whatever left on effectiveness (even if it's useless)

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:06 am

Ok Im curious, have you heard something about countermeasures I havent? You seem to be saying only to use Chaff Launchers and that the effectiveness rating means nothing?

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:14 am

I've been getting more and more into PvP, so I've got a little bit of a hand on this :p

Missles: Mark III and IV Protons are pretty big sellers as well as IRIIs Most PvPers use IRIIs because they lock on just a little quicker. Protons because they are the best balance of firepower and locktime

countermeasures: Chaff, this is because the effectivness of even the strongest stuff isn't worth the mass/RED. Chaff is small and can hold 15 uses, and most people dump 2 chaff to gaurentee a success at counter-measure. Even with the primo stuff there isn't a guarentee dumping one, so low-level chaff is really the best alternative.
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

Laidbacca
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Laidbacca » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:46 am

Savacc wrote:Ok Im curious, have you heard something about countermeasures I havent? You seem to be saying only to use Chaff Launchers and that the effectiveness rating means nothing?
Hi folks, all CM's currently work exactly the same. Plain old chaff is as good if not better than EM emitters, more uses and stops every missile if fired in time.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:44 am

Thanks, but since this was posted many months ago, I have investigated and found your info to be the prevailling wisdom among the pilot boards.
When I run out of my current stocks of chaff, Ill make another schematic that maxs the reloads, and I wont make any of the other counter measures for sale. Thats my new advice to shipwrights, only make chaff launchers and ammo, and max the relaods on it, since the effectiveness seems to not be taken into account.

Choctaw Tyvarr
Novice Crafter

Re:

Post by Choctaw Tyvarr » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:10 pm

Savacc wrote:Thanks, but since this was posted many months ago, I have investigated and found your info to be the prevailling wisdom among the pilot boards.
When I run out of my current stocks of chaff, Ill make another schematic that maxs the reloads, and I wont make any of the other counter measures for sale. Thats my new advice to shipwrights, only make chaff launchers and ammo, and max the relaods on it, since the effectiveness seems to not be taken into account.

I was wondering if this info still holds true to this day since the last post was almost 1 year ago.

Anyone have an update on these facts :?:
The Pack Rat

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Re: missile questions

Post by Monty Burns » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:30 pm

The bulk of my missile sales are:
- Mk I & II Proton Missiles.
- Mk III Proton & Concussion Missiles.
- Chaff.

I stock some of almost every type of missile but other than a one off sale every now and again those would be the types I am constantly restocking.

Savacc

Re: Re:

Post by Savacc » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:18 am

Choctaw Tyvarr wrote:
Savacc wrote:Thanks, but since this was posted many months ago, I have investigated and found your info to be the prevailling wisdom among the pilot boards.

I was wondering if this info still holds true to this day since the last post was almost 1 year ago.

Yes, as far as I know, this is still true. I keep looking for an update that CMs are being fixed. You can be sure that when it does I will post it here, unless someone beats me to it. :D

Lespin
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!

Re: Re:

Post by Lespin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:41 pm

Savacc wrote:
Choctaw Tyvarr wrote:

Yes, as far as I know, this is still true. I keep looking for an update that CMs are being fixed. You can be sure that when it does I will post it here, unless someone beats me to it. :D
Yup, it is still true. Chaff > AnyOtherCountermeasure due to low mass and higher quantities.

To clarify on the use of coutnermeasures, each activation of the countermeasure will spoof one missile, if the countermeasure is fired in time. If you are PVPing against a ship with more than 1 missle tube (B-Wing, Y-wing, TIE Bomber, TIE Oppressor, YT-1300, YT-2400, Decimator, Nova) it is possible that they can fire 2 or 3 missiles at the same instant. In this case, you will only get 1 visible/audible missile warning, so if you want to avoid the missile volley alltogether, you might need to fire the countermeasure two or three times.

It is also possible that they can get a lock on you at extremely close ranges, and not give you enough time to fire any countermeasures.

For the devs changing the effectiveness rating to be worth something, do not wait up for it. I doubt they will change it anytime soon, if ever.
Lespin, Rebel Pilot, Vanguard Fleet, Rebel Squadrons, Starsider & TCPrime
Becki, Shipwright, Vendor: ????? ?????, Rebel Outpost, Rori, Starsider
Shipwright FAQ | Y-8 Guide