Materials that i never heard of

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Shipwright Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Harcsa
Novice Crafter

Materials that i never heard of

Post by Harcsa » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi guys!

I have the most n00bish question. Im a shipwright and i seen that some of space ships weapons need materials like high grade polymetric radioactive, perovskitic aluminium, unstable organometallic reactive gas, conductive borcarbitic copp. and i could continue writing down their name until the end of my life. I dont know how can i look after them coz i dont see them in my survery devices and i dont know how to mine them either. i wanted to craft some weapons for my ship but i cant.

my other question is : do i need rage of the wookies for mining in space ? (yeah there are still some ppl who dont have any rage exp :D maybe im the last of this race:D:D:D) cant i just take the mining lasers on my ship and just gather the meteorid pieces ?

please help the bigest crafter n00b :)

ps.: sorry for my bad english and for the miss types too ;-)

Harcsa
Novice Crafter

Re: Materials that i never heard of

Post by Harcsa » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:06 pm

ok. i found answer.

"What “named” resources will I need?
Shipwrights get a break here. All of the “named” resources used in shipwright are known as “JTL resources”. These were new resources added when the profession was added with the JTL expansion. The JTL resources follow different rules then all the other resources. The JTL resources are always in spawn on one planet in the galaxy. At the time, I thought this would be a temporary feature since the resources were new, and that eventually the JTL resources would join the random spawns of the other resources. But its been nearly four years now and the JTL resources are still always in spawn.

The JTL recourses:
Perovskitic Alum
Conductive Borcarbite Copper
Ferminic Siliclastic Ore
High Grade Polymetric Radioactive
Crystallized Bicarbontium Steel
Gravitonic Fiberplast
Unstable Organiemetallic Reactive Gas

Hardened Avershium Steel is also a JTL resource, but is not called for by name in any shipwright schematic."

so its mean that i need to run randomly on planets and place my mines randomly to see if there is maybe a JTL resource ? :S it will take a life time.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:17 pm

First off, welcome around Harcsa :D
Good to see new traders around.

Next, if you are absolutely new to crafting in SWG, then I suggest you find the General Crafting forum and the Beginners Guide for Traders. Probably the other stickied threads to 8)

Shipwright is one of the tougher crafting lines so perhaps you want to practise with some other stuff while waiting for the "named resources" to show up.

Have a look at SWGAide and make it watch out for the resources you need. Perhaps somebody has already posted "guards" for SW already, then ...

And play around here at SWGCraft to see that together we are strong. Take part in submitting resource data and benefit from others and soon you have a good stock of resources :D

Welcome!!!

/Zimoon

GymQuirk
Novice Crafter

Post by GymQuirk » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:05 am

Harcsa wrote: my other question is : do i need rage of the wookies for mining in space ? (yeah there are still some ppl who dont have any rage exp :D maybe im the last of this race:D:D:D) cant i just take the mining lasers on my ship and just gather the meteorid pieces ?
Yes, you must have RotW installed to do space mining, even if you don't bother starting the mining ship quest.

Additionally, you need a cargo hold installed on your ship along with the mining laser. A tractor beam also helps speed up the process.

Harcsa
Novice Crafter

Post by Harcsa » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:39 pm

i had cargo and mining laser on my ship and everything that needs for space mining but when i shoot the asteroid its nothing happened :D:D so the problem was the missing expansion pack.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:24 pm

Harcsa wrote:so its mean that i need to run randomly on planets and place my mines randomly to see if there is maybe a JTL resource ? :S it will take a life time.
You have not heard of the "Current Resources" feature of this site? :shock:
Go to the front page, click "Current Resources" then your Galaxy and "All Planets". The JTL resources are interspersed into their native classes: Pervovskitc Aluminum is with the other Alluminums, Conductive Borcarbite Copper is with the other Coppers and so on. This will tell you which planet the JTL resource, or any resource, is spawning on. Then you just need to go there and survey for the best spot to place your harvesters. You do know how to survey, right? :D