Shipwright Helper Monkey

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Shipwright Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Paria
Apprentice Crafter

Shipwright Helper Monkey

Post by Paria » Fri May 15, 2009 9:55 am

According to SWGPets the result Shipwrights Assistant Collection (Craft 20 Mark V Salvaged Reactor, Engine, Booster, Capacitor) allows you to teach your pet the ability Shipwright Helper Monkey, probably a buff that gives you:
. chassis experimentation +2
. engine experimentation +2
. shields experimentation +2
. weapon systems experimentation +2

From +24 (full experimentation suit) to +26 seems a very small step or I am wrong :?:
Arnh Stardust (Armorsmith or Shipwright) & Mamaria (Droids and Beasts crafter) in ORION on Lok (Chimaera server).

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Shipwright Helper Monkey

Post by Savacc » Fri May 15, 2009 5:40 pm

You are right, it is kind of disappointing. There are big discussions on it on the SOE forums. What confuses me most, is why it only covers four of our seven skills?

d-day
Novice Crafter

Post by d-day » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:56 pm

Thats lame, it works for 4 types of items, and only 1 of them is related to the parts we have to craft to get the helper monkey. What a waste of time. :(

mysterymantis
Novice Crafter

Post by mysterymantis » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:55 am

At the moment I'd say that if I had one of these guys I'd use it just because I have it. Since it is unlikely that I will be able to acquire the 80 schematics it takes to get one in a decent amount of time, and the bonus is negligible, I'm not too worried about it.

While on the subject...

Why even put this in the game at all? Anybody have one that can confirm it helps get more amazings? What's up with it not effecting all our experimentation? And wasn't the whole idea of the monkey to give crafters another point for experimenting with? That would be great for us SWs, considering the shear amount of lines we have to experiment on for certain items. So much of what we craft has a ridiculous amount of lines, so one point wouldn't have broke the bank. (Especially when you consider that RE jobs often top our crafted anyway). We'd have engines that still top out their speed and have a slightly lower RED, or slightly higher y,p, OR r (Not all three, just one with only one more point). We'd have weapons that are still horrible compared to even raw loot. Boosters that burn slightly longer, but still not as long as a good RE (but are still faster). So on and on...

Point being that at the high end, not much would change since we are already achieving the max we can in regards to caps. We would however feel as though we had finally been thrown a bone to chew on, rather than, well, you get the idea...

Maybe they won't always be like this. Perhaps it will change in the future. By then, I might have acquired one inadvertently. They ever make it so that it adds a point, like I thought it was supposed too, then I will be actively trying to get one. but not until.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:07 am

I dont think the "point" of the helpermonkey was ever to give crafters an extra Experimental Point. I think the intent was always for it to be a +2 bonus. What happened was the Card Game started giving out the Diner with a +6 bonus for Chefs and Architects that was giving its owners a way to get an extra Experimental Point. Several of us cried foul at this, since we were assured the Card Game was not going to give such bounuses not available in the game. The correction the devs came up with was to make the Chef and Architect Helper Monkeys also +6 so there would be an "in game" way to achieve the same bonus that the Diner gave.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:06 pm

Just out of curiosity, does the helper monkey skill only apply to monkey pets? Or can it be used on every type of pet?

Zarofdium
Novice Crafter

Post by Zarofdium » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:16 pm

Only monkey (simian) pets- not to be confused with primates.

http://www.swgpets.com/pets?specials=21

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:23 pm

According to the quest guides, you have to craft 20 of those from each collection, but the collection itself only gives you 1 schematic. Does this mean I have to do the collection 20 times? Is it possible to do that collection more than once?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:37 pm

MoonDragn wrote:According to the quest guides, you have to craft 20 of those from each collection, but the collection itself only gives you 1 schematic. Does this mean I have to do the collection 20 times? Is it possible to do that collection more than once?
It means you must be reeeeeeeally active and have social skills above the average 8)

I have not done any monkeys yet, in spite of having dozens of friends. The problem is that each and every low-level germ that has a crafter seldom played at use them for themselves not realizing that they screw up for the high-end crafters. As in, "heh, I can craft myself that fish tank for free :D" but then, after that, realizing "ooopppsss, I need to find 19 other peps to ask now :shock: "

May I say more than :roll:

/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:27 pm

Zimoon wrote:
MoonDragn wrote:According to the quest guides, you have to craft 20 of those from each collection, but the collection itself only gives you 1 schematic. Does this mean I have to do the collection 20 times? Is it possible to do that collection more than once?
It means you must be reeeeeeeally active and have social skills above the average 8)

I have not done any monkeys yet, in spite of having dozens of friends. The problem is that each and every low-level germ that has a crafter seldom played at use them for themselves not realizing that they screw up for the high-end crafters. As in, "heh, I can craft myself that fish tank for free :D" but then, after that, realizing "ooopppsss, I need to find 19 other peps to ask now :shock: "

May I say more than :roll:

/Zimoon
yeah, or for the domestics, "let's fight a bunch of Night Sisters to get thier jewelry and then put together 20 sets" ugh.
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Shoot, is that how you get the domestics one? I just had a guildy hand me his schem and I learned it without thinking much about it, but now I have to find all the components for it and bla. Plus I already have the diner so I don't need the collection. Don't suppose a GM can 'unlearn' the schematic for me can they? If not, where can I get those components?
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:24 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:Shoot, is that how you get the domestics one? I just had a guildy hand me his schem and I learned it without thinking much about it, but now I have to find all the components for it and bla. Plus I already have the diner so I don't need the collection. Don't suppose a GM can 'unlearn' the schematic for me can they? If not, where can I get those components?
the components are NS loot drops from what i understand. I tried to make some deals with local Jedi about buying them, but no avail. I guess it's time to go hlogrinding for my self and my bank account, lol.
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Well so can I do the collection more than once to get the schematic 20 times?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:35 pm

MoonDragn wrote:Well so can I do the collection more than once to get the schematic 20 times?
Nope, you need to do 20 friends :D

/Zimoon

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:49 pm

well 14 friends... I have 3 accounts.