My first YT-1300

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Shipwright Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

My first YT-1300

Post by Ibaum » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:08 pm

So I had to brag: 5004875.0 mass and 3784.1973 armor. I know there are better but I'm proud of myself. It's like 98/58 or something.
/Ibaum

atox
Apprentice Crafter

Re: My first YT-1300

Post by atox » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:13 pm

gratz and well done :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Hehe, bragging is allowed here. Once every third month :twisted:

/Z
Last edited by Savacc on Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:11 pm

Yes, congrats. Yt's are very cool, and really take a beating.

Astari_Shipyards
Novice Crafter

Post by Astari_Shipyards » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:47 pm

Nice mass there.

A bit late in replying, but as a warning (unless something's changed recently) I'd point out that the standard POB ships work great whether or not mass is experimented on. Using all those 250k mass parts, you'll never come close to filling it up even if it was made with grind resources. I'd use your good mass stuff to make master-level fighters, a-wings, gunships, and firesprays. I've bought and used POBs off vendors that said "not my best work...priced accordingly" and never filled up their mass.

I believe I've read somewhere that the mass on POBs was supposed to be 2.5 million but it was accidentally made at 5 mil. Building one with higher HP would be good when you get mobbed by fighters in a pvp fight.

Anyway, not trying to rain on your parade. Just wanted to throw this out there in case someone with limited resources was considering what ships to make.

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ibaum » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:34 pm

Yeah, most PoBs have the lower mass. I think it's just the YT that has the higher (from what I've heard). It just means I don't have to be quite as selective in low mass parts.
/Ibaum

Piscari
Novice Crafter

Post by Piscari » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Just ans FYI...

All crafted POBs except Gunships have 5mil mass. Gunships are cap at around 3mil. Because Gunships are single use schem people naturally want them as close to capped as possible, which makes sense if they intend to use POB guns, altough personally I wold favor some decent raw L10s.

Crellian
Novice Crafter

Post by Crellian » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:50 pm

Great tips and hints. I'll be looking for info later today on experimentation (how to initiate the process), but wanted to comment on abbreviations.

If there is a glossary of terms on this site (POB, for instance) it would help. I already get the YT- is the milleneum falcon type ship, and I know where to go see pics of dunelizards and such. But it would help if occasionally - if only just for us newbies - things got spelled out or explained a bit.

Thank you for your consideration!

Crellian

Astari_Shipyards
Novice Crafter

Post by Astari_Shipyards » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:48 pm

POB = "party on board" (I think?) but is generally limited to the original 3 (1 each for rebel, privateer, and imperial) ships with interactive space inside. These are the Nova Courier, YT-1300, and Decimator. (multiplayer ships where people can move around and decorate). I guess this also included the sorosuub yacht, but that can't use any additional parts. Also includes the lootable YT-2400 from mustafar quests. These ships all had 2 gun turrets (above and below) and pilot/ops positions (but ops can also be done from a turret I believe). The Y-8 mining ship partially falls into this category but has more turrets and a very different layout and purpose. These all have 5 million mass. (sorosuub has none though)

Gunships might also qualify under this category but when you see the term "gunship", know that it's a combat ship with lots of turrets and is bigger inside. It also has less mass to play with.

There are other multiplayer ships, but these are fighters with turrets (Y-wing, Krayt, Tie Aggressor, etc..) where a second (or third in some cases) person rides in their own cockpit with a limited set of weapons.

There are pictures out there of ships, maybe check the pilot forums on the SWG site. I always thought it'd be a good idea to make a starship crafting station give potential shipwright customers a view of the chassis they want to buy, with all possible paintjob variations. Nice to just have the info there in game for people to see.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:44 pm

POB = Portable Object
It is dev-speak for any "instance" where a player leaves the normal world and enters another object they can walk around in. Thus all buildings and houses, as well as dungeons, caves and such are POBs. POB Ships are ones you can walk around in, though the term is usually used only to refer to the YT1300, Decimator and Nova Courier. The YT2400 probably fits in there too. The Gunships, Y-8 and Yacht are also technically POB ships, what are not POB ships are the two passenger fighters, since you can not walk around in one.

Here is a link to the Pilot Forum FAQ at SOE with links to all the ship stats and pictures
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=248167

Crellian
Novice Crafter

Post by Crellian » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Astarri-Shipyard and Savacc, thank you both very much! This was quite helpful and most appreciated!

Crellian