Best Carbonite Ore for Generator Turbines?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Renunciate
Novice Crafter

Best Carbonite Ore for Generator Turbines?

Post by Renunciate » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:52 pm

I'm thinking of cashing in my deed for a free crate of resources and getting carbonite ore for making generator turbines. Any suggestions as to which one would be the best to get? I looked through the lists and found:

Trivoparis UT 902 / HR 889 / SR 533

It all looks good except for the SR. Is there a better one out there?

(It seems my good copper and steel survived my prolonged absence thanks to keeping up a Station Pass account and having a few credits in the bank for maintenance on my structures.)

Thanks!

The returning MonCal Architect, Cietina Schiff of Ahazi

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:57 am

The answer is not to cash in since sooner or later you will get that great resource anyway. The 30k Vet Reward Crate is only 30k after all.

What to use it for then?

Since you can use it to browse every resource that ever has been and currently is available at the entire galaxy you are at, it works great a a resource stat sampler. That is, sitting at your porch you can read the stats of every new resource all over the galaxy. Just be careful to back out safely at the screen presenting the stats. The recentmost resource each class is the last one in the list for that class, some rare reports claim it being the first one but in my it is the last one.

Those crates are a tremendous help to gather the stats you need and also helps you in your personal effort to sub,it some data to the resource stat database. You are not one of those just reading data while never contributing, are you? Didn't think so :)

/Z

PS: Trick to speedily get to the last item in a list, or bottom of a page for that sake: Program your programmable mouse or keyboard to have one button do Ctrl-End.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:49 am

Do Not Use your 30K resource kit for Carb Ore for Generators!

Gererators are one of the things where resource quality does not matter.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:51 am

Generally speaking:

The 30k Vet Reward is precious since it is once in a lifetime each account, not each character or such, it is one per account ever.

Thence, there are only a few resources that are worthwhile popping a resource crate for. For a long time Jedi has sucked up them to get the galaxy's best for the special resources for Light Sabers, possibly a few Traders have used them in special stuff requiring high quality stuff.

This has not changed much, only that Jedi has lost their possibility to get a Weaponsmith buff from Entertainers (what I am told) and hence the 2% boost to stats. On the other hand, all Traders can use their expertise to boost stats even better than pre-chapter 6, reducing the need to use the crates even further since resources that historically have not been quite good enough for the über stuff now is good for that too.

All in all, the need for a Trader popping that crate is even further reduced. Not only is 30k like a spit in the ocean, the galaxy's best is surpassed by worse resources and since the cap is still a cap there is no gain to have a few points better stats than something else when both surpasses the cap.

/Z

Renunciate
Novice Crafter

Post by Renunciate » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:38 am

Okay, I get it. :) In that case, I'm thinking Pholokite Extrusive Ore or Ionite Intrusive Ore. (I managed to get a ton of harvesters down on Mivoium (Sp) and some other good steel back before my break and am sitting on more than a million units of good metal for harvesters.)

Or, is it better to just wait till I can harvest those since quality won't matter and save that 30K crate till I really need something with outstanding quality?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:03 am

Yes. It is always a personal opinion what to use stuff for, isn't it? And also what is or is not outstanding stats.

With the Trader Expertise the number of outstanding resources is reduced, since anybody can boost the stats of a good but not great resource up to great/outstanding, right?

Perhaps you already have another crate to use as your "resource stat browser", in that case, sell it for some 20-30 million credits or use it for whatever outstanding you need it for.

Welcome back to game and have fun

/Z

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:30 pm

Renunciate wrote:Okay, I get it. :) In that case, I'm thinking Pholokite Extrusive Ore or Ionite Intrusive Ore. (I managed to get a ton of harvesters down on Mivoium (Sp) and some other good steel back before my break and am sitting on more than a million units of good metal for harvesters.)

Or, is it better to just wait till I can harvest those since quality won't matter and save that 30K crate till I really need something with outstanding quality?
Personally, I highly recommend waiting on it. Most servers have received great resources a lot over the last year. That and get yourself some of the new uber harvesters. Sure you can only put down 3 of them at most, but you can pick up a couple million resources if you get them down fast.

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:19 pm

Resources have been pretty tasty recently, I have to agree with TGW on this one. And having that 30k deed, will really help looking over present spawns. (Just be careful to not choose one by accident)