Houses: are they listed ANYWHERE on the bazaar?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

danhanegan
Novice Crafter

Houses: are they listed ANYWHERE on the bazaar?

Post by danhanegan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:11 am

My fledgling architect made his first houses today. After spending an hour getting 5 small house deeds made (no comments about the slow newb please), my immediate impulse was to check the bazaar to see what the going price was.

I can't find any houses listed. Ugh. Am I missing something or is this bugged?

I am afraid to even list my houses on the bazaar for fear customers will not be able to find them, I'm thinking I'll have to set up a vendor and stock some other items to attract customers to the site. I was counting on selling mostly houses while I level up, now I am wondering if that plan is even viable.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:48 pm

They are listed under Deed/Building Deed
You could use the search feature and enter "small house", but you have to be searching in "All", "Deed" or "Deed/Building Deed".

Renunciate
Novice Crafter

Pricing for Small Houses

Post by Renunciate » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:06 am

Server economies differ, but in most cases, houses (an item where resource quality does not matter) sell for about 4 times the number of units of resource required for the build.

What this pricing structure does is allow for a -reasonable- profit. If you have to buy your resources, you will pay anywhere from 1 to 3 credits per unit for what we call "grind quality", which is perfectly fine for building houses, gardens, civic structures, furniture, etc.

If you harvest your own resources, there's the cost of building or buying harvesters (where resource quality really does matter), supplying them with power and paying maintenance, so unless the only way you aquire resources is by manual sampling, they all cost credits.

I applaud you for wanting to set your price by checking the local economy. If you are not able to find any small houses for sale, try the 4 CPU formula and see if they sell.

Welcome to the wonderful world of architecture!

Cietina Schiff, the returning MonCal (previously one of the early Master Architects) of Ahazi

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:17 pm

You might want to check the galaxy wide vendor search if you don't see any on the market. Back in the day.... I was selling smalls for 6k (max bazaar price at the time) which was real cheap but they sold pretty quick at that price. With the new economy, you can most likely get a bit more for them.