Can a few people please check over my calculations?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Lieta
Novice Crafter

Can a few people please check over my calculations?

Post by Lieta » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:17 pm

I spent a bunch of time trying to properly calculate what i need and how much and all that for factory runs of harvesters
i plan to make 250 of each type (elites of course)
but there where a lot of numbers to crunch, and i fear i may have made a typo or 30 along the way
can any daring soul please check out my numbers to see if i am correct?

thanks
Attachments
shopping list for 250 of each harvester.zip
Excel Sheet i put together
(4.24 KiB) Downloaded 467 times

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Can a few people please check over my calculations?

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:25 pm

Welcome around Lieta, new members all the time, awesome :D

I have too little time at the moment. So I just ask, how well does you numbers match up with the "shopping list" at for example http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/viewschematic.php?schem=991 times 250 ?

The numbers differ per harvester type so you brows them one by one and multiply with 250.

But I can tell you one thing right away, there is no way you can do 250 of one type in a batch.
The Chem Elite, yes, you can have 249 (one is always consumed while crafting the manufacture schematic).
But for example Gas Elite takes 12 identical components in one of the slots, that makes it to max
1000 / 12 = 83 - 1 = 82 harvesters from that batch.

Still you should be able to use the "shopping list" feature at this site for the math, right?

Greetings

/Zimoon

Lieta
Novice Crafter

Post by Lieta » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:16 pm

yeah i looked that over, and the shopping list is good
but it doesn't take into account the loss of materials when calculating the factory runs

for example:

250 elite chem harvester requires
4518 walls
1506 generators
3012 small structural
502 advanced turbo fluid watzits

sooooo

4518 walls requires at least 5 schematics made
i was trying to account for even those losses

i will do the final assemblies by hand if i have to, but i would prefer to do it all by factory so i can get one finally assembly schematic made that is capped and not have to futz with it every time.

or is that a pipe dream?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Well, yeah trying to get a "shopping list" down to the last resource is kind of a pipe dream. :wink:
You will use up extra resources making the schematics. If you want to "cap" those schematics, you will use more. That is "cap" the Hopper Size, that will require you to keep making schematics till you get the required "amazings"

You are probably aware of this already, but just to cover all bases, you will want to wear a "Crafting Suit" of at least +24 Structure Experimentation, craft in a Diner, located in a Crafting City and use Bespin Port.

Mineral Harvesters will outsell all others by something like ten times. So I would not make 250 of each. Ild make 1000 mineral and 100 each of the Chem, Gas and Flora, for example.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:45 pm

Down to the last unit will perhaps not make it. In your case I would approach the issue slightly differently, and end up on the nose with the resource requirements. Remember that the "shopping list" includes whatever necessary for one item, components and sub-components included.

So, as I mentioned earlier, there is a limiting factor, and i this case it cannot be surpassed. You need 12 identical Small Structure Storage Module per deed. That limits the number of possible deeds from one manufacture schematic to 82, but you need to include that one "crafting deed" in the math. OK, each batch takes 83 times the shopping-list.

However, you wanted 250 deeds, then you need to make 3 different batches which will give you 246 deeds which is within the 2 digit precision in 250 8)

End of story:
83 * shopping-list gives X
3 times X gives what you are looking for. Except one thing: only the "lost" components are included, not the sub-components. In this case you know how many walls you need, and for every 100 wall you loose one Structure Module, so 3*83*18=4482 walls; 4482/100=45 (one extra is necessary) =>
45*50=2250 Steel and 45*200=9000 Low-Grade Ore to add to the heap.

Hehe, yeah, I will try to remember this topic when I now finally am back ro coding at schematics in SWGAide:
/tell self "Zimoon, remember to account for 'lost items" when implementing the shopping-list" 8)

Good luck though. I have slowly been doing the same batches for my mall, taking forever with those walls and the too little time I have to spare on it. Running two factories a day for a week just for the structure modules, and that is one batch. You are heading for 3 :shock:

Don't expect them to sell out in a snap if you also want some return on investment on those resources. I am planning to sell my elite chems for 350k a piece, but that will still just get me 4.64 CPU back, of course the recycled stuff is included but it is also a tremendous lot of work for 82 deeds :|

Cheers

/Zimoon

Lieta
Novice Crafter

Post by Lieta » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:33 pm

i did some further calculations and just an addendum all except the resources marked HQ i will be using recycled for purposes of "similarity"
my goal is to of course max BER then get as much in hopper as possible (the current Iron spawn on SS is awesome for this)
to run 250 of each will require:

9,250,405 HQ metal
3,665,215 HQ steel
1,590,838 HQ ore
113,175 inert gas
37,239,800 ore
14,764,630 metal
1,883,750 copper
1,883,750 carbonate ore
1,507,000 reactive gas
4,219,600 aluminum
4,134,554 Lubricating Oil
1,205,300 steel

66,951,559 Grind resources

14,506,458 HQ Resources

or :

Units needed Factory run of Min # of factory runs (1000 units per schematic made)
16,566 Walls 16.56600
170,188 Structural Modules 170.18800
7,530 Generator Turbines 7.53000
16,566 Small Structural 16.56600
1,506 Adv Turbo Fluid 1.50600
502 Adv Hv Harvesting Mech 0.50200
502 Adv Ore Mining unit 0.50200

just looking at those numbers just shows how insane i am to think i should run 250 of each.

i am gonna run 1 run of mineral parts then hand complete them. sell them for 350-450k depending on what the bazzar will bare and then that should finance the rest of the run.

I have 6 avatars plus random help from guildeis so running 20 factories at the same time is not out of the question :)
think big or go home right :D
yeah i'm nuts

Lieta
Novice Crafter

Post by Lieta » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:43 pm

Zimoon wrote:Welcome around Lieta, new members all the time, awesome :D

*snip*

But I can tell you one thing right away, there is no way you can do 250 of one type in a batch.
The Chem Elite, yes, you can have 249 (one is always consumed while crafting the manufacture schematic).
But for example Gas Elite takes 12 identical components in one of the slots, that makes it to max

*snip*
after reading this for like the 4th time i finally got it. IDENTICAL
blasted
similar and identical BAH! stupid SOE
ok, now i gotta go back and figure out max runs based on this, crap

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:52 pm

Lieta wrote:
Zimoon wrote:Welcome around Lieta, new members all the time, awesome :D

*snip*

*snip*
after reading this for like the 4th time i finally got it. IDENTICAL
blasted
similar and identical BAH! stupid SOE
ok, now i gotta go back and figure out max runs based on this, crap
Max runs, I just told you, it is 82 (+ 1) for elite chems.
It is always 1000 / <highest number of identical> rounded downwards. And one item for the crafting tool.

Yes, identical and similar is the corner-stone that sharpens every trader. Even if it is highlighted big time in the beginners guide I get a few tells a week when I log in Zimoon with questions that eventually is on this topic :P

But the rule is so very very simple: everything must be identical, also if it is just one component, unless the schematic explicitly reads similar. But then there are some exceptions :)

/Zimoon

Lieta
Novice Crafter

Post by Lieta » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:30 pm

Max runs, I just told you, it is 82 (+ 1) for elite chems.
It is always 1000 / <highest number of identical> rounded downwards. And one item for the crafting tool.

Yes, identical and similar is the corner-stone that sharpens every trader. Even if it is highlighted big time in the beginners guide I get a few tells a week when I log in Zimoon with questions that eventually is on this topic :P

But the rule is so very very simple: everything must be identical, also if it is just one component, unless the schematic explicitly reads similar. But then there are some exceptions :)

/Zimoon
Blasted, yeah now i feel extra crappy for crunching numbers for the last 2 days trying to figure this out :(
oh well, i guess i will crunch out the 83 like you said for the one and similar for the others and just have to multiply up with small runs
makes the keeping the factory crates by lot # even more important.

oh well, live and learn

On the plus side things like the Advanced turbo fluidic drilling pump and such only need 2 so i can run 1000 of those and have loads to spare for multiple runs compared to the small structure storage nonsense

thanks for the help

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:02 pm

Lieta wrote:...On the plus side things like the Advanced turbo fluidic drilling pump and such only need 2 so i can run 1000 of those and have loads to spare for multiple runs compared to the small structure storage nonsense

thanks for the help
Hehe, this is why crafting appeals to me, it is not plain and dumb as in some other popular games, there is always something new to learn, and when I think I know it all somebody comes and pulls the rug and ... :D

OK, just a pointer about those pumps and OMUs, personally I just create as many as I need, usually I end up with tons of left-over crates good for nothing but manual crafting. If you are find with that, OK, otherwise you do the math to avoid left-overs or to find that you have exactly 13 too less --- has it happened to me? :roll:

/Z

Nidin
Novice Crafter

Post by Nidin » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:21 pm

Zimoon wrote: I am planning to sell my elite chems for 350k a piece,
Cheers

/Zimoon
:shock:

I might just have to change servers :P I have checked out prices from a lot of the other vendors on bria, and I couldn't sell mine for more then 300k (capped ber), which is why I don't sell/stock elites very often.

Sorry to hijack the thread but that price shocked me.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:18 pm

There are a lot of elites for 300k at Chimaera too, and less. But not with the hopper size I sell, and doh, it is not at all capped, it is just ... better :lol:

Lieta
Novice Crafter

Post by Lieta » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:13 pm

pffffttttt

300k is on sale on SS

i regularly see elites on the bazaar for over 400k and some a lot more

vendors from reliable sources are a bit lower, but remember charge what the market will bear or the bear market will eat you

on SS we have a guy that sells armor so stupidly cheap that nobody can compete with his prices, so he is like the only game in town