Artisan Experimentation Tree

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

dareninger
Novice Crafter

Artisan Experimentation Tree

Post by dareninger » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:34 pm

Hi,

I am newly back to SWG and am review the expertise points.. Is the artisan assembly and experimentation necessary for structure assembly? Is there any benefit to having it or can we use those points in other areas?

Thanks,

Rightousness (Bria)

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Artisan Experimentation Tree

Post by Savacc » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:51 am

Depending on how long ago you used to play, you may recall the difference between Artisan skill and Architect (Structures) skill. In the pre NGE game, Artisan were the foundational skill boxes for the advanced crafting skills such as Architect, Weaponsmith, Armomorsmith and such. In the NGE, those Artisan skills got divided into the four NGE Trader professions.

Do you need Artisan Assembly and Experimentation skills for Structures Assembly or Experimentation? No, however, the way the Expertise Tree works, you will need at least two boxes in either Artisan or Shipwright to advance all the way in the Architect Tree.

There are things an Architect makes that use Artisan skill rather than Structures: Crafting Tools, Personal Harvesters and Crafting Stations. Personally I have the boxes in Architect, Artisan and Shipwright Dexterity, Hypothesis and Advanced Theory (Assembly, Experimentation and Experimentation points). I skip the Insight and Keen understanding boxes (Complexity). Of course I have the Resource Processing and Refinement boxes and the bonus schematics. All other points are dumped into the harvesting line.

dareninger
Novice Crafter

Re: Artisan Experimentation Tree

Post by dareninger » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Great info.. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.