Desh Copper

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

aen.naftah
Novice Crafter

Desh Copper

Post by aen.naftah » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Conductivity is not capped at 600 or so as the table indicates. I just checked with Acokoheiam on Farstar with a CD of 567 which is reported as 99.1%. The CD, as it shows in the craft tool seems to be normally capped at 1000. It's a second time I drop over such a problem, first was UT in an intrusive ore. Sorry if this is already an addressed issue.

Editing to add data: Oridium Intrusive Copper UT/SR/HR is not capped at 800 but normally at 1000.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Desh Copper

Post by MoonDragn » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Doesn't the cap only apply on items that use Desh copper specifically? So unless you are making an Advanced Melee core or an Advanced vibro blade unit, you won't see it at the cap, but at 1000. I might be wrong on that one though, which schematic did you see the 1000 cap on?

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:47 pm

The cap of Desh Copper is irrelevent as far as I can remember for architects. Desh is used for furiture but the stats don't matter. For the schematics that require copper or metal the cap is always 1000.

As a general rule. The parent class is capped at 1000 and specific children within the parent class have lowered caps.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

aen.naftah
Novice Crafter

Post by aen.naftah » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:13 am

MoonDragn wrote:Doesn't the cap only apply on items that use Desh copper specifically? So unless you are making an Advanced Melee core or an Advanced vibro blade unit, you won't see it at the cap, but at 1000. I might be wrong on that one though, which schematic did you see the 1000 cap on?
That might be a good explanation that I didn't know. I tried it on tools and crafting stations that use any metal indistinctively, only CD counting.

Desh isn't used for furniture explicitedly as far as I know, must be some confusion with kelsh that is used in some elegant furniture.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:57 am

MoonDragon has got it right, the cap for Desh Copper only applies in scematics that call for Desh Copper.

Read more about this in Z's Famous Guide

TechTwin, while most "parent class caps" will be 1-1000, certainly not all are. The most common one that is not, would be CD on Steel which is 650.

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Savacc wrote: TechTwin, while most "parent class caps" will be 1-1000, certainly not all are. The most common one that is not, would be CD on Steel which is 650.
Also keep in mind that these rules do not apply to JTL resources.

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:58 pm

Welcome around aen.naftah, always good to see new players here :)

I see people have replied about the original question so I have no need to add to that. It is a veeeeeery common beginners mistake to look at the resource's cap while you should read the cap for the resource class the schematic calls for. And as mentioned, you'd better browse the beginners guide over and over again until ... 8)

/Zimoon

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:05 pm

What that cap is good for though is when you go shopping for copper. Knowing which type of copper has the cap at 1000 will help you weed out the types of copper that would never get you where you want to be.