Life after 90

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

komododragon
Novice Crafter

Life after 90

Post by komododragon » Wed May 20, 2009 2:43 am

Hi im very new to SWG i joined thru the trial mainly for the Space flight and Structres trader secondary but im loving him more and more every day and was think about making a ENG i thought the 2 would be very compatable. After 2 weeks i have made 90 now im like ok now what then after finding this site im like ok so 90 was just the tip and am now a little overwhelmed as what to do next currantly i am upgrading all my harvesters and thinking about downgrading house to small for more lots. Then i was think about acquiring a suit just not sure how to go about that yet or for what space or structures. Also i have scouted out some traders homes and found them to have a ton of stuff in side and after looking some of it up i saw most of it was quest reward stuff so are traders able to acquire these items thru quest by them self's? or just buy them? if so can we wear armor or weapons and what would be the best of both for a trader? I was also going to start on some collection quests. Any other ideas for life after 90 that i would need want for perfectionist of the trade but still learning would be uber helpfull.

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Life after 90

Post by Tech Twin » Wed May 20, 2009 3:29 am

Well, welcome to the craft and the forums. I two have a structures/engineer combo and there is a great synergy between them. I think you'll do well there.

I also use a small house or my shop, two of them to be precise. I save 1 lot from a large but gain several hundred items of storage space as each house is own by a different toon and each have the increased inventory collections.

The quests item can be obtained by traders with the help of friends. Traders aren't totally useless in combat but you'll find the help of friends to be essential. Many traders also have a combat toon on their main account or secondary account if they have more than one to clear out lairs and obtain such quest goodies. Makes it a little easier but not as fun as you miss the time with your friends.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed May 20, 2009 3:54 am

Welcome to our forums, glad to see new posters :D
I could wish that you started with some easier questions, but ... :lol:

Did you make your second char an Engineer, or are you still thinking about it? Either way, definitely make a second char. It gives you ten more lots to work with and added flexibility in the game. An Engineer would be the best Trader profession for a Structures alt. Engineers make several subcompacts that Architects need and the flight comps and astromech droids that go along with Shipwright. However, dont overlook the possibility of making your second char a combat class. That will allow you to play all of the combat content of the game and be a crafter. In fact, are you aware a char can "know" more then one profession, though you can only play one at a time? For instance my main char is a cl 90 Trader, cl 90 Combat and cl 90 Entertainer. My alt is a cl 90 Trader and cl 90 Combat. Most of the time I play them as a Structures Trader and a Commando, but I can respec them to whatever I need.

My advise to new Structures Traders is to start off on the Architect side of the profession, which you seem to be doing. If nothing else, this lets you make your own harvesters, houses, factories and crafting stations. Then as you learn how to craft and gather more resources you can branch out into the Shipwright side, which is much more demanding and difficult to master.

Which server do you play on?

komododragon
Novice Crafter

Post by komododragon » Wed May 20, 2009 4:25 am

Thank for the reply i had no idea about switching professions. So i can switch to combat with out having to regrind back to 90 structures? also how would that effect vendors item limit and harvester BER. It would be sweet to set everything up to run for a week switch to combat then switch back. I have downgraded my house now and made a second chr which i had no idea that could get another 9 lots of harvesters that would have been helpful 90 levels ago lol ( place noob sticker here ). Im on starsider server as was only choice in trial.
Also on mustafar i am incredibly laggy im not on any other planet just there is there anything i could do for that in the settings?

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Wed May 20, 2009 2:48 pm

You will have to 'grind' level 90 as a trader and as a combat toon. This is where the system separates the classes a little. You can be a level 90 Trader, but when you respec or change to combat for the first time you will be knocked down to level 5. You then have to earn your way back to level 90. However, let's say you get your combat to CL 60, you can respce back to any trader at cl 90. The same for entertainers.

I hope this makes sense.
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed May 20, 2009 7:11 pm

Combat and Entertainer chars can use harvesters the same as Traders. Traders get some options for expertise bonuses using harvesters, but thats the only difference. Traders are way better at surveying and sampling resources. Non-Traders get just basic survey and sampling skills.
Traders are the only class that has skills for vendors. If you place a vendor while being a Trader, then respec to a Non-Trader, your vendor does not "go away", it stays and people can still buy from it, but you can no longer place anything new for sale (not even from the vendor stockroom). Non-Traders can remove items from their vendors, so if you are going to be away from being a Trader for an extended length of time, just watch your vendor and remove items as they get moved to the "stockroom".

As to lag, turn off all shadow affects first. If that is not enough, start turning down other graphic options till you find the settings that work best for your system. Rendering shadows seem to be a problem even for high end systems.

komododragon
Novice Crafter

Post by komododragon » Thu May 21, 2009 4:22 pm

I cant thank you guys enough for your help. Currently i have up graded all harvesters to heavy made a small house and moved in (i hate moving in game as i do real life lol). I have started a DE but made him a BM to make some mounts while he is grinding to 90. I have decided not to do the vechical route with him however and just to make stuff my other trader can use i believe ill make more credits that route than a million swoops plus there seems to be a huge lack of stuff to craft personal stations and incubators but i could have just inputted the wrong words in to the bazaar vendor location. Once i have made elites for my chrs ill be switching to a combat class i have decided definatly not a Jedi as there seems to be plenty of them lol. I was thinking about making grinding grade kits for up and coming traders but not sure about that yet. Lag is gone now from mustafar huge thank you for that advice. So once again thank you all very very much I am liking this crafting better than WoWs i haven't yet had to go off on some huge long raid with little chance of success with 40 peeps all of whom are wanting to roll against me for the same recipe (with 5% chance to drop) cause they have some eBay bought character alt that they never play that could use it. Sorry lol this not the place for that.