Question about sub-components for Heavy Mineral Harvesters.

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

dbseeker
Novice Crafter

Question about sub-components for Heavy Mineral Harvesters.

Post by dbseeker » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:59 pm

Hello crafters. Are wall moduals, structual moduals, small structual storage moduals, generator turbine, light ore minning units, basicaly all subcomponents, for a Heavy Mineral Minning Structure, require high end resources to produce a high end harvestor? I do realize that with half the items I listed some do give you the optional experimental stage but sometimes I wonder if these subcomponents really DO require high end resources and experimental stage to give the harvestor a quality final assembly? Anyways, I hope what I said makes sense because I notice that when I put ALL the components and resources together, in the final assembly, the parts/components, such as the items listed earlier in this post, DON'T give a meter graph *red *yellow *green, indicating component quality. It just shows that the slot has been filled in with the required component. So DOES the component OVERALL quality matter during the final stage? That way I can know to put in whatever resource for subcomponents as not to waste my good resource on something that doesn't matter in the end result. Thanks.

Maximuspain
*Flurry

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Question about sub-components for Heavy Mineral Harvesters.

Post by Zimoon » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:24 pm

First off, welcome to SWGCraft, it is great to see ne faces here :D

Next, I moved your post to the appropriate forum where you also will find the answers to most, if not all, of your questions. Just climp up one level and have a look at the stickies there :)

Walls do never need quality, for harvesters and crafting stations some/most components muct be top notch quality. But that is better read in Savacc's superb guides for Architects.

Greetings
/Zimoon

PS: The forum where you had posted is for discussing schematics at this site, those missing and those that should be updated. No worry though.

wzydhek
Apprentice Crafter

Post by wzydhek » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:25 am

Actually, the only sub component for the harvesters that you need to worry about the experimentation on are the havesting unit such as the Light Ore Mining Unit, Ore Mining Unit, Advanced Mineral Mining Unit, or their equivalents for the other harvesters.

You want to experiment on the Extraction Rate experimental. On the final object (such as Deed for: Heavy Mineral Mining Installation, you again want to experiment on the Extraction Rate.

If you have any remaining Experiment points, then experiment on the Hopper size, although it won't increase much.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:08 am

Welcome to the SWGCraft forums, Dbseeker. If after reading the FAQ and Step by Step Guide to making Harvesters, you have any more questions, or something isnt clear, please come back and ask, that what we are here for. :D

dbseeker
Novice Crafter

Post by dbseeker » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:27 am

Thanks a lot guys. This helped.