race/species bonuses?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Ceres
Novice Crafter

race/species bonuses?

Post by Ceres » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:22 pm

Hello all,

Im finally venturing into structures, on an all new toon which my step-son will be playing. I recall that some species do get certain crafting bonuses and things have changed twice or more reguarding this. He plans to go with a Human crafter due to the higher max experiment points possible, which is probably only relevant for harvs anyway... Does this sound right to anyone out there? As he is also interested in making ships would sullustans, Mon Cal, Ithor or other be better for that?

Thanks for having such a great site. I have visited often over the 3 years I have tailored, but this is the first thing I cant find a definite current answer for anywhere I've looked.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: race/species bonuses?

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:31 pm

Welcome here :D

Most of the racial bonuses are taken out of game, but I believe Humans still have 10 extra Artisan Experimentation points. But that will not help much in the end, depending on what exact brnach he chooses.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=674295 has more details.

I am not 100% sure tho

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:02 am

Last I knew humans did still have the bonus to Artisan Experimentation Skill. Any other racial bonuses only boosted Assembly Skill. The only benift for being a human Architect would be while making Crafting Stations (which are bugged) and the extra Experimentation doesnt really help because you only have one line to experiment. Everything else (including harvesters) in architect uses Structure Experimentation Skill and no race has a bonus to that.

So choose any race, they all make good Architects. Wookies and Ithorians dont wear the same clothing as everyone else, that would be my only consideration.

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ibaum » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:56 am

Savacc wrote:Wookies and Ithorians dont wear the same clothing as everyone else, that would be my only consideration.
Wish I had known this before I made my Ithy shipwright!
/Ibaum

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:52 am

Forgot to say that there is one benefit with being a Wookiee, even if they cannot wear as many clothing/armor pieces for SEAs: only Wookiees can make some Wookiee weapons/armor. Plus they are sought after when camping outdoors cold nights, the warm fur is great. The stench is another issue ;)

/Zimoon

Ceres
Novice Crafter

Post by Ceres » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:01 pm

Wet Wookie Wool. :shock:

Thanks guys. Im sure we'll be fine. moving to starsider in Jan, whee!

CasualCrafter
Novice Crafter

Post by CasualCrafter » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:21 pm

hey bud - you coulda hit me up and asked me on one of the toons - Runamuk is a traders guy now on Bria. Anyway if you need any resources and help on SS let me know - I'll prolly move one of my vet toons over there with you just for the heck of it

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:10 pm

Zimoon wrote: The stench is another issue ;)

/Zimoon
Hey! As the owner of wookie character, I take exception to that. Besides have you ever experienced the "aroma" of a snake or iguana's cage? :shock:

Wet fur is one thing. Lizard skin is totally another thing (trandoshans).