Old Master Architect cannot find elite draft schematics

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

randbo
Novice Crafter

Old Master Architect cannot find elite draft schematics

Post by randbo » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:27 am

been out of game for 2 years and now just back in. have master architect master shipwright and such but cannot find draft schematics for elite harvesters and advanced mining units. just found about elite harvesters today. iam an old master at ber14 heavies and know all about how to get those. also, what are experience points and why dont i have any? i left before chapter 5 was released.
i understand experience pts have to do with specializations that came out after i left the game.
btw, whats nice is that i still have all my old houses and resources available.

Ethoquacrow
Novice Crafter

Re: Old Master Architect cannot find elite draft schematics

Post by Ethoquacrow » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:43 am

Now, when you go in to expertise there will be a tree for ships and one for Structures. At the bottom of the structures tree there is the elite harvester schematics that it grants you when you put points in that box.
:D hope that helped.
I am a Structures Trader-Architect
Wanderhome-Ethoquacrow
Orion

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:07 am

"Leveling up" your character is not linear like the old days. Now as you complete each level you have the opportunity to allocate points in your expertise tab to however you wish to specialize. Some of the points can also be used for creating pets in the new beastmaster prof. You will receive a total of 90 points by master and will not be able to fill all boxes in expertise. You can "respec" later if you wish to re-allocate points or change professions. You should do a little studying to decide the best template for yourself. Good luck, its a little confusing but will be clear as mud in no time.

WELCOME BACK and good luck

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:55 am

umm you only receive 45 Expertise points (not 90) at level 90.

randbo
Novice Crafter

Post by randbo » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:20 am

thanks for the replies, guys. one question, tho. where are these expertise points shown? i dont know what commands to use to exercise them, nor do i know if i have any. i mastered arch like 3 years ago.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:35 am

randbo wrote:thanks for the replies, guys. one question, tho. where are these expertise points shown? i dont know what commands to use to exercise them, nor do i know if i have any. i mastered arch like 3 years ago.

Press "U" or look in your main menu between "Profession" and "Inventory"

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:12 am

Welcome back to SWG. I deleted your duplicate thread. :D

Three Years? Was that Pre NGE? Check out my Architect FAQ, it should answer some questions about what has changed in the last few years. Follow the link to the Architect Expertise Guide. If you have ever played WoW, you will recognize it as a direct rip off of WoW's Talent System.

If you have any more questions please come back and ask. There are a few of us that have been here all this time and can remember how the game was when you last played and clue you in to the changes.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:42 am

Welcome back. Two years, that was quite some hibernation so I hope you will thaw up properly :D

/Zimoon

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:27 pm

Monty Burns wrote:umm you only receive 45 Expertise points (not 90) at level 90.
You didn't get 90 points at master?? :o

:oops: Shouldn't tipe wen tirred. Hope you didn't spend too much time looking for those other 45 points!!

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

randbo
Novice Crafter

Post by randbo » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:40 am

thx again for the info. i started playing in the first year the game was out. my first main character was thorgrim on flurry, an architect. still have him and all of his cash, ahha. anyways, between my friend and myself, we ran 10 accounts. i am gonna reopen 6 of them. this game rocked before cu.
i did find the expertise window and yes my arch is level 90. i have all 4 traders at level 90. i made my first fortune selling ber13 heavies. was scary getting the resources for a run of 150 of them the first time. later i made a fortune selling thermal dets for the village grind, then started too late to finish my character, haha. only got half the blocks filled when cu went in. made my third fortune selling ber14 heavies 9 months later. am still sitting on a huge pile of ber14 resources. i put out 30 harvesters round the clock getting various resources. gonna be doing that again with the elites and such. i always sell stuff at a slightly lower price than most others and i only make top of the line stuff.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:56 pm

Im not sure if you are aware of this, you can have two chars per server now, three if you already unlocked a second from a pre NGE Jedi. So that means the six chars you plan on activating could be on only three accounts now. You can transfer chars from one account to another, not sure what the fee is, but it would be cheaper then paying for six accounts over time.

randbo
Novice Crafter

Post by randbo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:26 am

interesting idea about transferring characters across accounts. but i was ingame when the second slot opened up. actually i need all 12 characters for their 120 lots. i have 33 houses up and 18 factories. need 30 slots for harvesters too. ahha
i did this game in a big way and will do so again. i just finished moving my houses over to the six accounts so i am good to go. i have already started making ber44 elites as i am sitting on an enormous pile of 960+ steel and ore. imagine my surprise when i looked inside one of my structure factories and found 500 walls sitting there! ahha
i have a house dedicated just to turbo generator resources. hahah
all that can change now that i see that materials can pile up to 1mil per pile. that rocks!
i can cut loose some houses now.