Leveling guide!

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Ethoquacrow
Novice Crafter

Leveling guide!

Post by Ethoquacrow » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:50 pm

Ok, i am a five year veteran (my friend showed me this site today xD) and i am going to give you some tips on leveling.

First thing is first do your tansarii station tutorial. While you are up there get as many resources as you can! When you land you will want to start crafting RE tools, or crafting tools. BUT click the little practice box unless you want to create the items. You will want a hefty amount of grinding materials but i am sure you can find friends who will provide you with that. Keep doing as i stated above until you reach level 10. When you reach level do begin building harvesters. At that time build a few for yourself set them and then keep building harvesters. Some people tell you that "Complexity is the best thing to level you with" in a lot of cases they are right but here is where i prove them wrong. When you reach level 18 start crafting houses. The complexity may be less, but the components required and then building the house will give you more XP then thing with a higher complexity. Now you are going to want to keep doing this for a long time. When you can make a factory make a factory for yourself as you are going to need it for this next part.

When you reach lvl 34 start building those city buildings you unlock and keep going from there, You will need somethings from you factory as well. When you reach level 50 begin building medium houses. As these will give a pretty hefty amount of xp. When you reach lvl 62 the houses will give very little xp, now begin crafting space ships...yes they cost a ton of resources but the xp in come will be worth it. At 82 start crafting the large houses...and soon you will be 90 YES! This can be accomplished in 3 days if you have the resources!!

~~~~Ethoquacrow
Wanderhome
Orion
I am a Structures Trader-Architect
Wanderhome-Ethoquacrow
Orion

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Leveling guide!

Post by Zimoon » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:59 pm

Welcome and congrats to your first post.

Good to see you did not suggest "speed-grinding" ;)

/Zimoon

Ethoquacrow
Novice Crafter

Post by Ethoquacrow » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:00 pm

Zimoon wrote:Welcome and congrats to your first post.

Good to see you did not suggest "speed-grinding" ;)

/Zimoon
Yeah...just trying to help, my friend told me about this site and i have been looking for a site like this for a while, and thank you for the Welcome!
Wanderhome-Ethoquacrow
Orion

Ethoquacrow
Novice Crafter

Post by Ethoquacrow » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:15 am

Also please voice your opinions about this thread. I am willing to into more detail with screen shots if needed. :D
Wanderhome-Ethoquacrow
Orion

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:36 am

On the Official Forums there is a Guide written by the first Structures Senator that describes a way to "speed grind" your way to cl 90 in 3 hours or less. The current Senator is making a guide that advocates a slower "learn as you go" approach. Your guide seems to be somewhere in between. Personally I advise against doing any ship chassis to level up. They give only 1/4 the exp that other schematics do per resource.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:39 am

Personally I am quite pragmatic:
  • Newbie Traders should really take the time to learn as they go. They can need some help with the resources that do not spawn every week, but generally speaking there is a lot to learn, and to harvest :)

Experimenting, manufacturing, you name it, is best learnt the slow way.
  • Seasoned Traders (I don't use the term "veteran" since any oldie says they are veterans but seems quite ignorant :P) can easily do a speed-grind for another toon.
But that's me 8)
/Zimoon

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Yeah, my first time I did large houses all the way up to 85 because Shipwright stuff just looked too complicated at the time. Definitely a slower grind as you processs all those resources and components in your factory to keep making walls, but you always sell large houses, just like chasis (wth is the plural for chassis), if they're priced right. Practice crafting a ton of fountains and Gungan heads may be faster, but absolutely no fun at all (though I did put a gungan head in the living room of my medium tat house- wow).

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:45 pm

wrackspurt wrote:... chasis (wth is the plural for chassis)...
Chassis, plural chassis: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=chassis

/Zimoon

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:18 pm

I personally have always been in favor of the take it slow routine, but I actually did mostly what your guide suggests. The best reason for leveling by making houses is that they sell! But one question... If I can level by making large houses shouldn't I do that before 82? I'm at 66 and already have them available.

- Akhor
Flurry
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:48 pm

Why shouldn't you? I believe factory runs are required so it is educational ;)

/Zimoon

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:27 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:I personally have always been in favor of the take it slow routine, but I actually did mostly what your guide suggests. The best reason for leveling by making houses is that they sell! But one question... If I can level by making large houses shouldn't I do that before 82? I'm at 66 and already have them available.

- Akhor
Flurry
No reason you shouldn't unless you're in a hurry to get to 90, which you aren't. Large houses are very practical, will always sell.

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:07 am

Zimoon wrote:Why shouldn't you? I believe factory runs are required so it is educational ;)

/Zimoon

Yes, they are required and I'm getting a headache trying to keep up with it. I think the items that are needed in a factory should be included in the guide so that someone trying to level quickly wouldn't be slowed down when they receive the schematic. On the same line, a list of exact resources needed and their amount could also expedite the process.
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

zymmur
Novice Crafter

Post by zymmur » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:19 pm

I like the whole go slow process. I made houses and walls the whole way up with the only factory runs being that which was necessary, storage modules iirc? I threw in the towel and did statues for the last 3 levels though. Been master a few weeks and just can't bring myself to "grind" out the furniture to stock my vendor, wish I had made furniture all the way up too.

I probably could have qualified for the seasoned speed grind approach as I mastered DE before there were guides on how to run the factories and all. I was 4433 before I knew that some kind of frame was the best for xp and the concept of grinding was foreign cause you didn't have the access to resources that we do, no one could made heavy harvs lol. I had to macro resource gathering since the original incarnation of the skill was a one shot. I used the original SWG game guide :-o Actually got to play DE when there was a market for droids! Ah the good ole days in 03!