Savacc's Guide to Making +44.999992 Crafting Stations

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Savacc's Guide to Making +44.999992 Crafting Stations

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:25 pm

Kirneh wrote:Was there another change this year?
On Gorath there is one trader who sells +45 crafting stations for 1.5 mil.
Is this possible meanwhile? There are still about 10 stations (weapons and clothing) in the vendor, so I don't think this is just an old stock someone found.
To my knowledge no other change has occurred, but I know of a few old traders at Gorath that had quite a few crates of truly capped components on stock. 1.5 mill sounds really cheap though :D

/Zimoon

Asveo
Novice Crafter

Post by Asveo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:41 pm

Zimoon wrote: To my knowledge no other change has occurred, but I know of a few old traders at Gorath that had quite a few crates of truly capped components on stock. 1.5 mill sounds really cheap though :D

/Zimoon
Hmm, should i charge more ?
I can still mass produce them and think the price is near greed .... I only need round about 500 resource units
thats a 3000cpu price, the only "expensive" part are the old crafted components .

Have you already made the transfer over to Chimaera ?
Maybe we can work something out so Chim gets 45 stations :)

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:22 am

Is this possible meanwhile? There are still about 10 stations (weapons and clothing) in the vendor, so I don't think this is just an old stock someone found.
I did talk about the +45 Crafting Stations, but it is near the end and I guess I didnt use Bold or highlight it. :?

ziso
Novice Crafter

Post by ziso » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:42 pm

Thanks for this guide. I have been making capped 44.99999992 stations for some time now thanks to guides like these. Luckily i have my own trader alts in all other trader professions (mostly for BM item components) and can make all my own.

For me to get capped i ensure my droid storage items are 99% craft (wont got to 100).

Currently got a 1k run on micro sensor suites 20.0 being made and have all other capped components (all with at least1 amazing) ready for a new 500 stations crafting run lol. I love my bulk stocks.

ziso

Holden
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Holden » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:03 pm

Speaking as one of the crafters who made a pile of schematics back in 2004, it's entirely possible for people who were active then to still make the stations now, even after 5 years. Even more so when you take into account that some people leave for a few months at a time.

SWG Crafting Rule #1: Be a packrat. Save everything forever.

I don't know the Gorath economy, but 1.5m seems awfully cheap for something that could only originate on one specific day.

I haven't played in over a year, but when I did, I kept my (Starsider) vending machine full of "standard" +45 stations for 15m (no decimal) each and they pretty much flew off the shelves. I also did a sideline in custom named/vanity +45 stations at 25m each. I sold normal +44.999992 stations at 3m each, which was the going rate.

Oh, and Savacc? Nice guide. Very concise.

I won't even touch on the creative rounding that takes place when you blend Crafting Day schematics with current/bugged ones. :lol:

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:59 pm

I was around for "Crafting Day". I logged in, read the patch notes that said they had changed the crafting system, but were going to patch back the old system the next day. So I decided to take the day off from crafting and go out hunting. I didnt even hear about what other people were able to craft till the next day. So I missed it. :(

When I wrote this guide, it was intended for newer players (or those new to Architect) to be able to make what is possible today. Only a small lucky handful are ever going to get access to "Crafting Day" subs. If they have a question not answered by whomever gave them the subs, I figure I can help them on an individual basis. This guide was always intended for the mass audience. Truth is, I got tired of answering individual posts on the forums about Crafting Stations. I was amazed that no one had written a guide before and one day took it upon myself to do it. :D

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:01 pm

Holden wrote:
I don't know the Gorath economy, but 1.5m seems awfully cheap for something that could only originate on one specific day . . . I haven't played in over a year, but when I did, I kept my (Starsider) vending machine full of "standard" +45 stations for 15m (no decimal) each and they pretty much flew off the shelves. I also did a sideline in custom named/vanity +45 stations at 25m each. I sold normal +44.999992 stations at 3m each, which was the going rate.
There was a crafter from some other server who moved several of his characters to different servers, stocked with +45 stations, thanks to the free transfers. He must have had dozens of schematics for those puppies. So far as I know, he sells them all for 1.5mil on all of those servers, including Starsider. He was running out quite frequently for a few weeks, but nowadays I've noticed that his stock isn't moving so quickly - market saturated.

I was around for "crafting day" - but my crafter was a chef/BE then, and it didn't make that much difference to us, and even if it had, anything made then by us has undergone so many changes that it would still be worthless now. Ah well. :D
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:42 am

I cant think of anything besides Crafting Stations where the "Crafting Day" items make any impact now. Everything else got converted in the CU or NGE, or its something we can cap today anyway, such as Swoops.

Sunrider
Novice Crafter

Post by Sunrider » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:06 pm

Can anyone make me any or all the stations at +45?

Sunrider
Novice Crafter

Post by Sunrider » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:09 pm

Please PM me his name. Thanks a Mil.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:52 am

Sunrider wrote:
Please PM me his name. Thanks a Mil.
Or you do a vendor search:
Bazaar Terminal >> Vendor Location >> All galaxies >> Misc >> Crafting Station || Set min price to a million or so :P

/Zimoon

NaeBliss
Apprentice Crafter

Post by NaeBliss » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:40 pm

I have still a Q, how much will it effect the crafting, a station build at say 44,33333 or one at 44,9999?
It can't be that much is it?

I understand as crafter you want to make the best possible, but will the end product be so much worse or will it be the same.?

greetz

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:21 am

That is the question I always hoped no one would ask. :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

Recently the devs told us that the functionality rating on Crafting Stations is broken. They are supposed to give a bonus, but do not. This was not news to me, I have long known that it didnt seem to make any difference what Crafting Station you used. If they gave a bonus, I would have said it was very, very small. Now we know for sure, there is no bonus at all. Last I heard, the devs were going to look into this and try to fix the bonus, but were looking for input from the community. By the way, they are also trying to fix the rounding bugs I talk so much about. The goal is to be able to make +45 Stations again, and for that to actually mean something.

I only have a dial up Internet connection where Im at this summer (it sucks :cry: ) so Im not able to play the game and SOE's site loads very slowly. Im trying to stay in touch at this site. Im hoping to hear that the devs have made this guide obsolete. :wink:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:24 am

Yuppers, read Savacc, then man who stays on top even while disconnected 8)

From Update notes at Dev == TC:
Crafting
  • Crafting station quality now grants a small percentage to assembly and experimentation success rolls.