Can't hit max efficiency with 100% score on Extractors

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:38 am

Renunciate wrote:Now I'm really confused. :lol:

Must have been a run of very bad luck or something. With everything exactly the same, I'm consistently getting 44 Chems and Minerals today.

Now to make the advanced bits for the other types and keep pushing my luck.

(And yes, my city is a Research City.)

Many thanks to all who responded, your advice and support are greatly appreciated.

{Great big wet squiddy hugs from the MonCal}

Cietina the Confused and Relieved of Ahazi
I posted this earlier in this thread, but I will restate it.
When experimenting, the most common result is "great". If you get all "great" results, it will take eleven exp points to get to 100%. (see the math in the earlier post).
If you get at least one "amazing" result, you can get to 100% with ten exp points.
If you get at least eight "amazing" results you can get to 100% with nine exp points.
If you get a result less then "great" or "amazing" it would be nearly impossible to get to 100%.

Trademaster's suggestion that you experiment one box at a time pretty much guarentees that you will get 100% in ten exp points, since you would have to be unlucky to experiment ten times and not get at least one "amazing" result.
when I experiment I tend to "go for broke". :wink: I will experiment eight boxes on my first try (the most that is allowed) and hope for an "amazing" result. If that works then I only spend nine exp points and have one more for the hopper. If it doesnt work and I get a "great" result, I still have two chances to get one "amazing". If i get a result less then "great" then my project is totally ruined and i start swearing and throwing things at my comp screen. :lol:

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:32 pm

It's the swearing and throwing things at my computer screen that I try to avoid with the 1 point per method. I've been playing on my laptop recently and although it is not very aerodynamic, it could be easily launched, and I don't think my warranty covers impact with walls.

hoek
Novice Crafter

final experiment point

Post by hoek » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:23 pm

I had great success using this guide to make a BER44 on my very first attempt.
I made sure that my resources were the best that money could buy (sold my pre-cu rancor).
I got the ent buffs, used bespin port, crafting clothes, and a 45.99992 station.
note: I was not in a city of any kind, research or other.

Getting the mining units to 21 was just as I expected, I had some points left.

Here is the hitch.
On the final assembly, I experimented up to 100% but the BER was only 43. I still had an experiment point left, and even though it showed that I had reached 100%, I invested that last point into efficiency, and BINGO BER44

Savacc

Re: final experiment point

Post by Savacc » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:28 pm

hoek wrote:I had great success using this guide to make a BER44 on my very first attempt.
I made sure that my resources were the best that money could buy (sold my pre-cu rancor).
I got the ent buffs, used bespin port, crafting clothes, and a 45.99992 station.
note: I was not in a city of any kind, research or other.

Getting the mining units to 21 was just as I expected, I had some points left.

Here is the hitch.
On the final assembly, I experimented up to 100% but the BER was only 43. I still had an experiment point left, and even though it showed that I had reached 100%, I invested that last point into efficiency, and BINGO BER44
Ohhh, sorry to hear about the Rancor. What you are discribing sounds like what happens when you get 10 "great" results, which should put you at 99% and BER 43, but one more box gets you to 100% and BER 44. Ill try making some and see if you are right though.

Prior to chap 5 and the expertise you needed an entertainer buff to make a BER 44 harvester, now the only buff that will help would be for Luck, but you can skip it totally. I dont craft in a city either, so thats not the issue.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:29 am

I did make a few elite harvesters. I had one where I got 10 "great" results and the efficiency was 99% and BER 43, then spending one more point got to 100% and BER 44, just like I expected. I suspect you were confused by spending 10 points and expecting 10 points to be 100%.

Nadun
Novice Crafter

Re: Can't hit max efficiency with 100% score on Extractors

Post by Nadun » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:32 am

Ello all. Returning Arch to swg here. Nice discussion thread, really helped me understand whats changed a bit more. My question, all be it off topic a bit, but I have some old exp and assy tapes that are NOT in clothing already. Are these worthless now? Can I not even take advantage of my old CA's? I only see 1 socketed clothing now as it seems like Im screwed :(

Also glad to see SWGcraft lives!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:45 am

Nadun wrote:Ello all. Returning Arch to swg here. Nice discussion thread, really helped me understand whats changed a bit more. My question, all be it off topic a bit, but I have some old exp and assy tapes that are NOT in clothing already. Are these worthless now? Can I not even take advantage of my old CA's? I only see 1 socketed clothing now as it seems like Im screwed :(

If the old skills are still in use, which is the case for all old craftings skills, they can be added to a socket, yes.

Since a long time back all clothings/armor pieces only have one socket, yes. On the other hand we can now create our own SEAs (see the forum board Reverse Engineering) with up to 3 mods on. Some looted items have 4 mods, but these are only the basic mods.

Hence, think twice on how to make up your suit. There is no way to get back the mods once you have attached them.

/Zimoon

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:31 am

Nadun wrote:Ello all. Returning Arch to swg here. Nice discussion thread, really helped me understand whats changed a bit more. My question, all be it off topic a bit, but I have some old exp and assy tapes that are NOT in clothing already. Are these worthless now? Can I not even take advantage of my old CA's? I only see 1 socketed clothing now as it seems like Im screwed :(

Any pre NGE tapes for experimentation are worth big bucks. The new CAs made through the new RE process can only be put in a shirt, chest armor or weapon. The old tapes can be in anything. You can mix old and new, they will stack. The cap is still +25 from all CAs. The plan would be to put your old tapes in boots, pants, belt, gloves or a hat. If you have an old crafting apron, note that will take the place of the chest armor (same clothing slot). Add up your total experimentation and that will tell you how much you need for your new shirt and weapon attachments. The new CAs max out at +8 each.

Assembly tapes are pretty much worthless for a strucures trader.

Nadun
Novice Crafter

Post by Nadun » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:38 pm

Thanks guys. If +25 is still the max you can get out of CA's then why would you need more then just 4 pieces of clothing with +8? And how hard are these to make? Still new to the RE process, but can you use an old CA in the RE process to try to make it higher? Or do ijust have no idea what Im talking about lol.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:48 pm

There is a tiny difference:

While the cap of 25 limits that you can only get two extra experimentation boxes to play with (one each 10), all points count when your experimentation skill is used in the dice roll. The higher skill the higher probability of an Amazing, right?

That is why people also drink Bespin Port and experiment in Research Centers to boost their skill the most.

/Zimoon

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:04 am

Nadun wrote: Or do I just have no idea what Im talking about lol.
Well... :roll:

You cannot improve old CAs under the new RE game. Though that would be awesome if you could. :lol: Read FeralMonkey's guide in the RE Crafting Forum to get an idea of how new CAs are made. Basically the new RE thing is to take junk loot that is no good for anything else in the game and make CAs out of them.

Holden
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Holden » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:26 am

Nadun wrote:If +25 is still the max you can get out of CA's then why would you need more then just 4 pieces of clothing with +8?
"Exotic" mods - things like experimentation and assembly - can only be placed on the shirt, weapon, and breastplate, limiting you to 3x8.

Kirneh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Kirneh » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:26 pm

Sorry if it's necroing to revive this thread from january, but I think my question is best to put in here.

As structure assembly and experimantion are the must have stats, what about luck?
Does luck matters for a structure trader? It's pretty needed for an RE suit, so I wonder if I should also spend the needed +35 luck sea's to my structurer's suit.

Actually I have chest, shir, weapon ready with 11 assembly, 8 experimentation and 35 luck and are ready to fill the rest of crafter's armor with luck bits. But I don't want to spend the bits if they are not really needed to get to cap the easy way.
Burn the land, boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:57 pm

Luck is not used as such in any crafting but RE. However, as Luck drives **Lucky** which may affect crafting in a positive way when they strike, many crafters add Luck anyway, it never hurts. It is not necessary though, so it is up to you, your fortune and/or superstition ;)

If I have missed some point here I am sure Savacc will chime in any moment and correct me :P There may be some issues with the SW side that I am unfamiliar with.

/Zimoon

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:20 pm

No, you have it covered Z. :mrgreen:
The only thing I would add is that Assembly doesnt have a lot of value to either Architects or Shipwrights. Only Munitions has a real "need" for high Assembly skill.