Long time user, first time poster

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Bowtuk
Novice Crafter

Long time user, first time poster

Post by Bowtuk » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:43 pm

Hey guys!

I've been playing swg on and off for 5 years. Of all the things to do in game, architect has always been my favorite. I transferred from Naritus to Starsider recently, to experience the game like it once was, with other people. I'm building my resources, and sacrificing a goat every day for a good duralloy spawn lol.

I'm posting to ask a question to the active architects. When you guys make harvesters to sell, do you do large factory runs in batches of 25 or more, or do you just craft as you get resources. I'm having trouble keeping a vendor stocked, because I can't keep up with the sales and the massive resource requirements for heavies, mostly walls.

Just wondering if I'm wasting time cooking components for 50 harvesters at a time, and whether or not I should just hand craft them all. Thanks.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Long time user, first time poster

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:53 pm

First of all, welcome back to SWG and into crafting :D

Your question is kind of impossible to reply to as we are very different from person to person. Currently I handcraft anything since I am not yet a master, but probably I will not do that.

If you sell out that quickly, what is your pricing scheme? Are you bought out by resellers or what?

Resources, for walls etc., you don't need quality so why not buy these resources. I believe you will still have a profit, right?

/Zimoon

Bowtuk
Novice Crafter

Post by Bowtuk » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:15 pm

Heya Z.

I'm pricing them at 950,000 for an elite mineral. That's actually the most expensive on starsider, except for the idiots that charge 4 million for a 43.

I may jack the price up to an even mil. I reviewed my vendor mails last week, only one person bought more than one, and he only bought two of the 9 I had listed. Walls are few and far between on the server, and the ones that are posted are almost 400k a crate. Starsider's economy is pretty rediculous, lots of old money there.

dcwzero
Novice Crafter

Post by dcwzero » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:55 pm

what i do is i make huge factory runs of walls and all the other subs but not the actual harvestor because technically you lose one harvestor making the schematic.

I recomend harvesting huge amounts of steel and ore (walls) and just recycling them all so you have a mass amount of same named resource to make crates of walls.

but i personally like making the elites by hand so ill make several at the time then i make more to prevent resellers and such.

Hope this helps