The word for today is... Incubators.

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

The word for today is... Incubators.

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:24 am

I have been trying to make make incubators and I find myself getting more and more confused.

Initially I had average Advanced Micro Sensor Suites(AMSS = 1.34) and Advanced Control Units (ACU = 1.47) I am using a Polysteel Copper in the two material spots (OQ-987, Cond-960) and after 4 Amazing success experiments (All points went into Quality first) I end up with an incubator with the properties:
Quality: 2.81
Functionality: -4.26

So I sit down and work my butt off to improve the components and end up with:
AMSS = 1.77
ACU = 1.91

But using the exact same Polysteel copper and getting 5 amazing success experiments I end up with an incubator with the properties:
Quality: 2.68
Functionality: -3.7

I don't quite understand how this can happen and what do I need to do to increase the quality aspect of the incubator.

exhibit69
Novice Crafter

Re: The word for today is... Incubators.

Post by exhibit69 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:47 am

Official Beast Master Incubator Crafting Guide
By Ordio

Last Updated May 28, 2007

Special thanks to: 0nyx, darevsool and CenoKrefey! Sorry if i missed anyone...

So you want to make one of those new Beast Master Incubator? Well, in order for you to do this, you would need the services of your local Trader-Engineer to craft you all the sub-components for it.

They would need to use a Weapon/Droid/General Tool and must be in or near a Weapon/Droid/General Crafting Station in order to be able to experiment on these. You cannot use a Generic Crafting Tool as those do not allow experimentation.

The following is a list of items that need to be crafted by a Trader-Engineer. Listed with the component is the stat that matters on the resources, and the max rating that the item can be crafted up to.

There are 2 stages to making the items... This is the first stage.

Control Unit (100% OQ) - Max of 5 Rating
Electronic GP Module (100% OQ) - Max of 5 Rating
Energy Distributor (100% OQ) - Max of 5 Rating
Advanced Control Unit (50% CD, 50% OQ) - Max of 2 Rating
The above can be made in any order. The resources need to be top quality, with the stat listed next to the item >961 (assuming they have the 4% expertise).

Notes About Steel Cap on Advanced Control Unit.

Steel CD Cap is 650. So if you have the 4% expertise, you would need a minimum rating of 625 of any steel that you use to at least Cap Steel CD. Unless you have a JTL Steel where the CD is > 650, it would only count the CD as 650.

OQ Cap is 1000 (regardless of resource)

This is the second stage, as you need 3 of the above items to make the Advanced Micro Sensor Suite (Control Unit, Electronic GP Module and Energy Distributor).

Advanced Micro Sensor Suite (33% CD, 66% OQ) - Max of 2 Rating (thanks 0nyx)

As with the items in the first stage, the resources need to be top quality, with the stat listed next to the item >961 (assuming they have the 4% expertise).

The Control Unit, Electronic GP Module and Energy Distributor requires you to get at least one amazing while crafting it (so you can cap it)...
The Advanced Control Unit and Advanced Micro Sensor Suite doesn't require you to get at least one amazing.

Once these items have been crafted with the capped rating listed above, you would then need to prepare your resources, Advanced Micro Sensor Suite and Advanced Control Unit.

To make an incubator, you would need to be level 86 or higher, a Structure & Furniture tool, standing near or in a Structure & Furniture Crafting station. If you have access to one, an architect suit (with Architect Assembly, Experimentation) would be nice. As long as you have an extra 20 points among all the items, you'll get an extra 2 points to experiment with. Don't forget about the extra point from the expertise, which allows you to have 13 total points for experimentation while crafting the incubator.

It is also suggested that you get an Entertainer Buff with the Architect Assembly and Luck. (thanks CenoKrefey)

You cannot use a Generic Crafting Tool as those do not allow experimentation.

Resource requirements are 400 Metal, 50 Mineral, 2 Advanced Micro Sensor Suite and 2 Advanced Control Units.

As Per 0nyx in regards to the mineral slot: No matter whether you are going for function or quality, it is better to use gemstone or ore with high OQ/UT. This will help compensate for a possible lower UT on your metal if you are gearing towards function. (Thanks 0nyx)

In order to make an incubator that is geared towards Functionality, you would need Metal and Mineral where the OQ and CD are >961 (assuming they have the 4% expertise).

In order to make an incubator that is geared towards Quality, you would need Metal and Mineral where the OQ and UT are >961 (assuming they have the 4% expertise).

So you need to pick and choose which incubator you wish to make.

Functionality
Allows you to turn out a pet really fast. 12 hours between sessions is the minimum i think. Max rating is 4.0.
Quality
Allows you to create an elite pet (barring all the other in game items to make one). Max rating is also 4.0.
You do not need to get an amazing when crafting the incubator, as you will be able to get 100% on it without it... you will just lose one extra point when using it on the other experimentation line.

EG: You cap out Quality at 100%, without 1 amazing, you will only have 2 extra points to use on functionality instead of 3. This is assuming you have 13 points of experimentation which was explained up top.

Good luck with your incubator!

Revision History:
2007/05/24 - First Created
2007/05/25 - Added % OQ/CD, amazings, entertainment buff.
2007/05/28 - Added the level required to craft the incubators, more info about Resource Caps.

Message edited by ordio on 05/28/2007 09:15:48.

Lifted Verbatim off the official website. Good Luck Monty!

exhibit69
Novice Crafter

Post by exhibit69 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:56 am

Quick follow ups here:

If i understand this correctly, your 1.91 and 1.77 advanced units are acting as <respectively> 95.5% and 88.5% resources. even with the nice 4% resource bonus, your 1.77 unit is the killer here.

Quality is not based on CD, it is based on UT.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:46 pm

exhibit69 wrote:Quick follow ups here:

If i understand this correctly, your 1.91 and 1.77 advanced units are acting as <respectively> 95.5% and 88.5% resources. even with the nice 4% resource bonus, your 1.77 unit is the killer here.

Quality is not based on CD, it is based on UT.
Ok now I do understand my mistake but I think it would have been quicker had you said "Read the damn schematic retard" I am kind of annoyed with myself right now as I read the schematic only as far as OQ/CD.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:47 am

Ok another question:
I have been trying to make capped components for the Advanced Micro Sensor Suite and I have managed to get all three sub-combines (Electronics GP, Energy Distributor and Control unit) to a 5.0 quality which I assume is the cap.

However in at least two cases the at the end of the experimental phase I was at 99% even though the output was 5.0 will this missing 1% come back to bite me in the arse in the final combine (I really don't want to carry on if it is going to cause a later problem)?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:28 am

Monty Burns wrote:Ok another question:
I have been trying to make capped components for the Advanced Micro Sensor Suite and I have managed to get all three sub-combines (Electronics GP, Energy Distributor and Control unit) to a 5.0 quality which I assume is the cap.

However in at least two cases the at the end of the experimental phase I was at 99% even though the output was 5.0 will this missing 1% come back to bite me in the arse in the final combine (I really don't want to carry on if it is going to cause a later problem)?
Going on others knowledge on this one ;)
For "capped components" that Architects use you must have at least one Amazing in the process. There will be 5.0 and 5.0 out there, some are truly capped and others not. I believe both will show 99% (a display flaw) but Archies will quickly see the difference between fake 5.0 and true 5.0 and will never trust you again if you sell them the fake stuff.

Hopefully Savacc chimes in soon /look over shoulder

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:22 am

Chime
Yes the old schematics for GP units, Energy Distributors and Control Units are all "bugged" and can only get to 99%. If you have ever tried to make capped Crafting Stations then you know the drill already. As Z has mentioned, it is necessary to get 99% with at least one "amazing success" to get "capped" versions of these subcomponants. Z is also correct that it is possible to make one of these schematics to 99% with only "good successes" that will be rated +5, but when it is used as a subcomponant, it will not result in a "capped" Incubator (or Crafting Station).

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:55 pm

I am only making these components with the aim to making capped Advanced Sensor Suites for Incubators so I have no intention of selling them as individual items I just don't want to make a run of 1000 of each and discover that they were a complete waste of time and effort.

I have managed to reach 2.0 on the Advanced Control Unit but for some reason I am only getting 1.99 on the Sensor unit and I am wondering whether it is because one of the components is not genuinely 5.0 or a resource issue.

Given that the DE I am using to make these items is respeced AS/WS with no luck or skill enhancements I am kind of annoyed at being so close and yet not quite there.
Basically I am trying to find my weak link ie the one where I cannot cap the Advanced Micro Sensor Suite.

I am using the following resources:
Assembly Enclosure: (Steel)
Duralloy Steel: Trikaiwu – OQ=981/CD=573

Assembly Frame: (Metal)
Polysteel Copper: Carboniaian – OQ=987/CD=960

Thermal Shielding (Low grade ore)
Mustafarian Extrusive Ore: Wariwaiek – OQ=958

Thermal Contaminant & Shield (Inert Gas)
Hurlothrombic Inert Gas: Kolaotiam – OQ=962

Micro Transceiver Net (Copper)
Polysteel Copper: Carboniaian – OQ=987/CD=960

Preprocessing Unit = 5.0
Array Processing/Control Unit = 5.0
Sensor Wiring Harness = 5.0

Is there a weak link in this combination that I am not seeing that is costing me the final 0.01 I need to cap this item?